• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone know of any serious collectors who may be interested in aa Viet Nam U.S. issue sniper scope ready to mount on a M-14, it is a Redfield 3x9 AR TEL with the box like retical.
    Damn Ebay kicked it off because it has an assualt weapon mount on it, can you believe that #*%@@??
    I can't find alot of info on it outside the many forums talking about them, only around 2000 made and rare, value around 1500.00-2500.00??
    I could wait awhile , remove the mount and try again, but allready have 2 strikes, so will have awhile to wait. The optics are pretty clear, outside wear from field use but still works as it should.

Attachments

• Picture 558.jpg
      Picture 558.jpg
      33.1 KB · Views: 1,422
    • Picture 559.jpg
      Picture 559.jpg
      31.8 KB · Views: 1,099
    • Picture 560.jpg
      Picture 560.jpg
      48.4 KB · Views: 1,074
    Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dan, would highly suggest that you NOT remove the mount. Wipe it down really good(get in all the cracks)with plain ol' WD-40,take some good pics,and throw it out on some of the older forums. This is where the ol' farts like me mostly hang out. Hell.....with the serno,you just might run acroass someone that actually used it. --- SAWMAN

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Sawman, would you mind naming a few to start with, I thought about a M-14 forum but have not looked. I believe I may have bought it from a Retired Marine who may have used it.

Last edited:

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I surely thought there would be more intel on the forum, guess not. Thanks for your help

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Hey Dan, talked up that setup you have on several different forums and no info other than what you and I already know. Most of the comebacks were in re. to the Leatherwood and larger Redfields on the bolt guns. I personally saw some M-14's set up with some side reciever mounts like yours. They also had some above the bolt mounts. Most of these guns were carried by a "rag-tag" bunch of who's and what's were unknown to most. Probably people like Sgt. York. I saw these guys in the small out of the way places. There today...gone tomorrow kinda guys. Not all Americans either. --- SAWMAN

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Mac and Sawman, I am going to put it on gunbroker and see where it lands.

Drauka99

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Might want to drop Redfield a e-mail as well... they might be interested in bring it back to them if its a rare enough item... i see it does have a serial number so they could maybe give you some info on how many were made and what not.

Top Bottom