• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When the weatherman says Floridians should leave because of the hurricane... (NSFW language)

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I abbreviated his Quote below.

There is such a thing as missing by "speedreading," and there is such a thing as missing what is plainly said by overlooking something because of wanting to focus on something else.

That statement is not some aberration among Lincoln's statements and acts, either.

We can also look at other quotes of his such as "I will say that I am not, nor have I ever been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races," and his expressed desires and acts towards sending black people back to Africa.

The single point in question was that specific Lincoln quote. It is a part of a paragraph that Specifically and Equally Presents opposing options. To present a single option as being representative of the entire paragraph is providing a false interpretation of the entire text.

Salvery and Race Equality are two distinctly different things. The end of slavery did not bring with racial equality. We only need to review the dates of Laws that address it to see the slower road to equality. Clearly anti-slavery positions did not preclude racial discrimination but that does not lesson the anti-slavery position that prevailed.

This Link covers Lincolns changing views the Letter that contained the text and paragraph in question and more importantly the reason for this Letter to a journalist knowing it would be printed in the Press.

http://www.history.com/topics/american-civil-war/emancipation-proclamation

This Link documents Lincoln evolving personal, political and Military Commander in Chief positions.
    http://www.lib.niu.edu/1997/ihy970236.html

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    999af11d84d2152ad00ff9924a23747d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How did the Official Pics Thread turn into the Official Debate Thread? :noidea:

If a picture is worth a thousand words, shouldn't a thousand words be equal to a picture? Lol

You made an excellent point and I actually agree you. When comments grow into debates the subject should be moved to its own Off Topic or more appropriate Thread. People can follow or not be bored with it as they choose. I'll let Lincoln R.I.P.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How did the Official Pics Thread turn into the Official Debate Thread? :noidea:

Because both Wildrider and I are trigger happy and just started shooting our mouths? :)

I am now on the path of the hurricane monster. Clearwater, Fl.
    Taking shelter in a hotel because my husband thinks the windows in our house my not hold.

See you on the other side of this storm!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Because both Wildrider and I are trigger happy and just started shooting our mouths? :)

I am now on the path of the hurricane monster. Clearwater, Fl.
    Taking shelter in a hotel because my husband thinks the windows in our house my not hold.

See you on the other side of this storm!

be safe, I have inlaws in dover,fl and tampa also, praying for all of you...chk in when you can

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Yep
    a3d5e780969d90203671e66d2f6ff6ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom