• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garbo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I deer hunt in several places in Middle to South Alabama, but I have a 500 acre lease in Russel County Alabama just south of Pittsview Alabama.

I go on quite a few invite hunts every year with different friends but most of my time in the woods is in northern Baldwin County and on the lease.

Where Do You Hunt?

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I do alot of practicing in farmers fields at night with depo permits for several different farmers in Santa Rosa county before deer season, but that is not by any stretch hunting. I hunt in Skinnerton, Alabama at a private family owned club during hunting season. Also go on several invite hunts a year when I can...

Fishyfingers

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm in a club in north Monroe cty, AL about half way between Beatrice and Franklin. From time to time I show up on management and forever wild land. I hunt ducks in SE Arkansas.

Garbo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bay County Lease about 5 miles S of Ebro on 79.

I have a home on PC Beach and used to travel Hwy 79 through that area. It was very very common that I would see alot of deer south of Ebro around the Pine Log area. Lots of deer around the river to the west as well.

Nice piece of property. How many acres in the lease?

Hunkyfish

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Side of the Highway under the bridge near Freeport
    In Freeport (my backyard), in Mossy Head (my buddy's farm), Ponce DeLeon (friend's family leases), in So Wal (private lot in middle of Topsail no hunting area), & possibly in Ebro this year,,,,, basically wherever I can hunt without too much travel or expense & be able to learn from friends

Last edited:

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Garbo we have 2000 acres from Steelfield Rd at 79 then N and across to Steelfield further N all S of Pinelog, there is 1 lease between us and PL.. Lots of swamps and Pigeon Creek run through it.

What Frank said and I have 80 acres in Red Bay, also have 10 in Freeport on a buddy's property if I don't feel like driving anywhere.

Ben Ghazi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hunt my little 31 acre investment property in the Molino / Walnut Hill area.
    the advantage of the property is that it is at the end of a private road , flanked by wetlands and backed up to 6500 acres of International Paper Co land so there is only one way in
    never shoot Does so they are every where with Fawns right now. the big bucks come to visit them during the rut from the wetlands and IP forest.
    have a fresh water spring , pond and a small creek which attracts them also besides the only Oaks , persimmons , and other natural habitat not offered in the paper co land which is all pines

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      378.7 KB · Views: 267
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      184.3 KB · Views: 241
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      230.4 KB · Views: 248
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      253.6 KB · Views: 246
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      155.7 KB · Views: 242
    Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nice area!! You need to thin the does out for proper deer management...besides they taste great!

Garbo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice Pics.

It's cool to me how a small parcel of land can be GREAT hunting if it's position is just right among the neighbors. You got a nice place there HisName. I going with FrankT on the doe thinnin.....as a buddy says almost everytime he sees a doe...."MMMmmm Sausage...BOOM."

thanks for sharing.

Ben Ghazi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The wife likes watching them from the porch swing so i never shoot around our camper or yard but will shoot 2 during doe week this year.
    all my hunting is done in the very back of our property where the IP boarder is at

8.jpg

Attachments

• 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      209.8 KB · Views: 306

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The wife likes watching them from the porch swing so i never shoot around our camper or yard but will shoot 2 during doe week this year.
    all my hunting is done in the very back of our property where the IP boarder is at

View attachment 581
    Very Nice His Name... Those turkeys seem like yard chickens. Im so envyous

Ben Ghazi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    generally they stay back when they see us unless we set still and put a blind in front of us but I hear them all night outside my window when we do the weekend thing because they know we throw out corn when we stay over . have 2 pair of PVS7B Goggles so we watch them.
    during the day the front yard is 280 yards to wood line and 100 yards to each side so they graze all over all day long and we can watch from the porch

have one feeder in the corner [ pictured ] of the yard that gets a lot of attention. the turkeys roast over our creek and I have seen 18 at one time but never shoot them

I don't mind only hunting the back of our property
    feeder.jpg Land 005.jpg Land 008.jpg MDGC0012.jpg

Attachments

• feeder.jpg
      feeder.jpg
      385 KB · Views: 256
    • Land 005.jpg
      Land 005.jpg
      492.1 KB · Views: 248
    • Land 008.jpg
      Land 008.jpg
      427.8 KB · Views: 250