DK Firearms

Asking prices on ammo not being met. Assumed Market Value not being paid.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been tracking non dealer ammo listing and sold notices on eight internet sites (in several States too). Not an exact science but listing are staying posted several days. Ammo is NOT being snatch up within a day as was the case a week ago but some of you may still be reaping the panic buy/price benefits. It may not be the time to invest the rent money and expect a quick profit turn around a $1 per round for good stuff and 50¢ for steel.

.22LR seems to still have a strong secondary demand.

Wallymart and the other retailers are still getting cleaned out but there is light at the end of the tunnel. As the "private resellers" have basically sold to everyone who has panicked to the point of buying at the crazy prices, they will drop prices more and more as time passes. Since private resale will slow down, so will their resellers actions of wiping out inventories on the net and at retailers.

I'm sure there are more ammo buyers using just retail outlets then using internet resale sites like this Forum and Florida Gun Trader. Since the reseller market will dry up quite a bit. Retail shelves will slowly fill back up once the non internet net buyers get their fill. When the reseller's get nervous about being over invested in ammo they will start to advertise in the local papers to try and tap the retail buying a market. When newspaper ads stagnate we will be headed back towards norm supply and demand stocks and prices.

I hope everyone noticed the only big reseller market was in AR, AK .22LR .308, with minor 9mm, .40 and .45ACP? Never saw heavy or any ads to resell 38 Spl. 357 SIG, 40S&W, 45LC, .270, 7mm mag, 300WHBY and about two dozen other common calibers! All these are still gone from retailers shelves due to the public scare but I do not see the overall demand in all calibers to last much longer.

What do you Resellers experience?

What do you Buyer/end user think?

wolfehollow

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ive noticed the same thing... I bought 200 rounds of 9mm for $100 and the next day hit Wallyworld for 300 rounds for $66. Im done buying... Im sure there are others like me.

CCC23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep, Wal-Mart in Brewton- walked in with a friend and left with 600 rds of 9mm. We payed $23 a box for 100ct Winchester 115gr "Value Pack". The funny thing is when we left, they had 10 or so boxes left. The employee behind the counter said Ammo was going fast. He said " we have only had this shipment for 3 days now and we only have 10 boxes left." I guess panic buying stops at the Fl/Al line? 2 Ruger 10/22 is stock as well..crazy...lol

outside9

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been saying the ones who bought up ammo to get rich quick might as well start shooting it or figure out a way to make ammo stew. Same with AR mags.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was in very good shape before the panic started. Only made two ammo purchase since it started. One was for a new gun/cal I just got. The other was a deal on 250 rounds, 30 rd mag and ammo can for $100. I found that a lot of Fed 550 value pack ($9) shot perfect in my .22LR bolt I bought two case in 05 and then thought I over did it. I'm a happy camper now. still sitting on 95%. Have plenty of shooting stock an Reserves are not going anywhere.

Even if you look at the totality of the whole firearms situation I am still amazed about the ammo scare.

ARs been dropping well below of the $2K mark with the exception of some packages and a special builds that the seller's have way too much pride in. Overall, ARs and AKs have been sitting stagnate too. I don't think they will get the inflated market prices from a month ago unless the AW ban is formalized. If that happens there would be another upward bump.

High Cap Mags are dropping in price too. There are a lot of hold outs dreaming of $50 and up per mag but there is a lot of mags avail and for sale right now. I think demand on mags will continue but prices will stabilize below $30 a mag. Handgun mags will be fine soon as people generally desire less of these then say AR/AK mags.

All this IMHO.

T

tinman

Wouldn't disagree with you guys. Market is definitely softer now for ammo, prices are getting slightly more realistic (only 50% mark up), and people selling don't seem to sell it instantly either anymore. Seeing a lot more "bumps" for ammo and gun ads these days as well.

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was good before the panic. The only stuff I bought since was for work, or CCW. And I got it from a member here. I dont think I overpaid nor was he trying to rape me. The only thing I wish I had more of was. 22. Its amazing how fast you go through it when you can shoot in your back yard.

mrwigglezdj

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Things are looking better, I saw 40 Walmart the other day at 9am and they still had 4 boxes at 9pm..

But I was sure glad I unloaded my ar and ak at start of peak prices... Ill sit and wait and buy again at normal price .. guy I sold mine to made an offer I couldn't refuse .. but he was going apeshit.. pulled 50000 from his retirement and had already bought 19 ars at 1400+ then mine at 1600 as was planning on buying 10-15 more for the ban price hope of 3-4000 value

911parrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Things are looking better, I saw 40 Walmart the other day at 9am and they still had 4 boxes at 9pm..

But I was sure glad I unloaded my ar and ak at start of peak prices... Ill sit and wait and buy again at normal price .. guy I sold mine to made an offer I couldn't refuse .. but he was going apeshit.. pulled 50000 from his retirement and had already bought 19 ars at 1400+ then mine at 1600 as was planning on buying 10-15 more for the ban price hope of 3-4000 value

19 AR's???? WTF? Can you say speculator! I hope he losses his ass.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I can honestly say that I bought stuff BEFORE Da Bro's second term that I have resold and made money on. However I have not bought since, simply to resell.

At this point in my life I do not need "investments". --- SAWMAN

911parrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Another point I just thought of....if he tries to resell all of them, wont that make him a dealer? If so and he doesn't have an FFL, well we all know what will happen then. I'm not against making some money on a resell if you don't need it, want it anymore, or the buyer just make that ineradicably stupid offer but buying high, in a very scared and unstable market to sell higher to people and playing on their fears is just pure damn greed and selfishness. No one likes it when gas stations do this with the slightest mention of anything tropical entering the gulf so this dude is no better than those punks.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I don't mean to threadjack, but can someone tell me - WHY .22LR gets hit so HARD when crap like this happens?

Ok...sure. Having 'something' is better than having nothing, but .22LR?! Yes, I understand it's potential (the Regan assassination attempt for example) to an extent, but I also understand its failure rate.

I've got a Ruger 10/22 that can chew just about everything you feed it. BUT - there are still quite a number of rounds in a "value pack" that simply fail to function.... Not the kind of reliability I want when IT hits the fan.
    Just sayin'

T

tinman

And people wonder why they are gonna introduce background checks for all sales!!

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Another point I just thought of....if he tries to resell all of them, wont that make him a dealer? If so and he doesn't have an FFL, well we all know what will happen then. I'm not against making some money on a resell if you don't need it, want it anymore, or the buyer just make that ineradicably stupid offer but buying high, in a very scared and unstable market to sell higher to people and playing on their fears is just pure damn greed and selfishness. No one likes it when gas stations do this with the slightest mention of anything tropical entering the gulf so this dude is no better than those punks.

They indeed should have a license....seems to me the legit dealers would put a stop to it.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    That guy is probably crying about right now. If he's got any sense he will try to sell to get his money back right now before things are back to normal.

2ndAmendmentShooting

Master
    Local Dealer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    .22lr and 9mm are the two most popular civilian rounds.

I don't mean to threadjack, but can someone tell me - WHY .22LR gets hit so HARD when crap like this happens?

Ok...sure. Having 'something' is better than having nothing, but .22LR?! Yes, I understand it's potential (the Regan assassination attempt for example) to an extent, but I also understand its failure rate.

I've got a Ruger 10/22 that can chew just about everything you feed it. BUT - there are still quite a number of rounds in a "value pack" that simply fail to function.... Not the kind of reliability I want when IT hits the fan.
    Just sayin'

RIPpff

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    im glad i cashed out when i did.
    its always good to buy up cheaper assault rifles when they are really low (to me a shitty $400 WASR ak is always gonna be a shitty wasr) but people have moved em for DOUBLE THAT (what a fine Noriinco could be bought for)

Ban em all. dont really care ammo costs too much anyways and i dont plan on standing off with U.N troops

Fishyfingers

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It occurred to me about 30 minutes after I left a gun store with my very first AR lower ( i had just ordered at Thanksgiving) as panic was setting in that I maybe should have pulled out my card and bought the last 5 ARs on the wall. I could have, and probably should have, doubled my money or better in less than a week. I also could have, and probably should have, sold off some of my AK mags or PSL mags for triple what I paid for them. I really don't need as many as I have. At least not until the day I need all the ammo that I've got!

Latest posts

Top Bottom