• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hi all, long shot here but looking to buy or trade towards a m96 Robinson rifle.
    If you have one you want to sell or know a place that does please pm and hopefully we can work out a deal. Thanks.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You like that weird stuff, and I understand your reasoning :)

Ive never even heard of this one.

Wow. Looked it up. That's something else. How did you even know about this?

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    They're few and far between. You're going to be hard pressed to find one. Even more so locally. There was a forum member WAAAAAAAY back that had one but that's the only one I've seen here. On top of that RA isn't supporting it anymore.

Their XCR is a great platform if you're into something a little different.

Edit: found the thead. http://gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?7748&p=62780#post62780

you might try the xcrforum.com as well. It's very big but it attracts the RA crowd. I know Dazee is an XCR guy, it might be worth asking him if he's got any M96 info.

Last edited:

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah I like the not so common stuff. I like that it is a stoner 63 look a like and a modular design with bren type feed style and interchangeable barrels.

I remember years ago as a young man reading the gun rags in the market before I could even own a gun and seeing them advertised for about $500ish. Man what I would do to have been born just 15 years earlier lol.

Some cool videos on youtube about them. None for sale on GB, havent checked guns america yet. Only a few of them out there just gotta be patient and scoop it up when it presents itself.

I have a thing for AK style driven systems, Galil, Valmet, M96, Daewoo, AR180, SVT 40, even some of the modern stuff but mostly the stuff that isn't made anymore. Too bad all those are just so expensive and so hard to find lol

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    XCR is usually a long stroke piston. 3 lug bolt. Similar oprod, bcg, recoil spring to an AK. But with AR ergos

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Been reading on the XCR a bit too. Seems like a solid design. Little over 2k is kinda up there for a production gun for my taste. A little more and I can have a collectors type rifle. Could also get an ACE, SIG, Tavor, Aug for that money. Heart wants what it wants I guess. So many guns, so little money. lol

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If you want new, they offer a mil discount and they've been running sales lately. You're still looking at $1700+ though.

If you want to get into one cheap, the used market is the way to go. If you're patient you can usually get them for $1000-$1300 depending on variant. BUT you need to know what you're buying. They've got several iterations. For the most part, their updates are bolt on for their older rifles but depending on how "current" you want the config, the updates can add up if you've got an original rifle.

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been looking for one of these too. Red it seems like we have very similar interests in what we're after. I bought the SGL that was listed on here so I'm out of the running of getting one any time soon. There was an M96 that was listed on GB last week but it went for about $2200ish. Had the original box with it. I think they built about 3900 or so of them. Definitely an odd bird. They pop up every now and then but they're generally around $2k. A Beretta AR70, Daewoo K2, Valmet M76 tubefolder, and an M96 will someday find their way in my collection. If I can find a way to quit buying AK's of course....

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep someday God willing I’ll have all those to enjoy. Prolly have to sell some of my nicer AKs to get ther. There is a Valmet in Jacksonville Armslist I am waiting to hear about. Fingers crossed.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bump for another longshot WTB rifle. Someone has one stashed away somewhere they dont want anymore.....

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The search continues.....along with the classic out of state scammers with 0 posts saying they have one ready to ship...lol

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah I looked at them Ric, very tempting and overall nice design. Just looking to get something obscure. The M96 fits the bill, so would an SVT 40.

I like rooting for the underdog and find that a lot of really cool designs have been passed over due to patent infringement or silly procurement politics.
    AR180 should have been a big hit. But they had to change some important things cause of patent infringement after they sold the AR15 fights to colt. So some things are way better and some are kinda like bandaids just to keep from getting sued. The Daewoo K2 is another beautiful example. AR15 overall concept with a superior driving system, with some shortcuts to not get sued but they did anyway. Galil s etc, tons of cool obscure designs for an attempt at a better military rifle.
    While I am partial to the AK platform, I grew up with an M4 in my hands and appreciate its capabilities and understand its limitations.
    Anyway I’m rambling like always but that’s why I want a m96. Cool attempt at making a better, modular battle rifle that has all but disappeared from common circulation

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    bump willing to pay panic prices for one of these.. lol or pretty close to

Top Bottom