• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatch

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone ever heard of a Volunteer arms MKIII (tommy gun replica)?
    I got offered one on a trade, says it works but the front sight/muzzle break is missing :noidea:

Takes M3 grease gun mags. left side charging handle. closed bolt design

Attachments

• volunteermkiii.jpg
      volunteermkiii.jpg
      176.7 KB · Views: 266
    Last edited:

Hatch

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    lol ok tennjeep, not gonna argue with a mod but I got a laugh out of the comment "general gun talk is becoming a catch all"

caveman - that's a helluva price, don't think that fella realized they sold for about 300 new haha

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Whats to ask???, Its Christian name is a "Commando", Volunteer made them for about 10 years or so in the 1960s - 70s. There is not a lot of love for them.. I shot one and liked it. But I like most all things that go bang. But have seen others turn up their noses at them. And I do not know why.. Did see one, that a guy had, that was a jam-o-matic.. Do think that parts are going to be a pain.. Numrich does have some parts but not a lot.. Why the heck someone had to take off the front sight is beyond me.

I know the 1st time I saw one I thought what is wrong with that Thompson... But over the years they grew on me.. Or perhaps my standards went down???? :)

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Good God what was the guy thinking that listed that ad.. He must have loved his Commando.. I have seen them set at Gun show tables in the 500 - 600 range.. I think At the last Tulsa show someone had one for like 600 and it was there when I left.. I had even thought about seeing if I could get it lower.. But by then I had blown my money on other toys..

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    lol ok tennjeep, not gonna argue with a mod but I got a laugh out of the comment "general gun talk is becoming a catch all"

caveman - that's a helluva price, don't think that fella realized they sold for about 300 new haha

I thought it was way out of line....

in the mid to late 70's, you could get a semiauto Thompson brand for less than $500

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought it was way out of line....

in the mid to late 70's, you could get a semiauto Thompson brand for less than $500

Heck for half of that today you can get one of those Thompson auto-ordnance clones...

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey Hatch I would not mind seeing a close up photo of the muzzle of this little beastie.. Where as finding a front sight and muzzle brake for that Commando may be tough. I did get to thinking last night that Auto Ordnance sells those for those for their Thompson clones.. I wonder if you could not use one of those??.. The only issue is they are costly and it would be nice to test that out before buying..

Hatch

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Matter of fact...

Attachments

• received_1723471877704835.jpg
      received_1723471877704835.jpg
      114.7 KB · Views: 124

Hatch

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm betting it was kinda loose on there from being 40 years old and somewhat chintzy, and someone shot the damn thing off and just left it layin in the dirt.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Had one. I think It was some time in the 70,s some one came along and wanted more than I did. Also had a Auto Ordnance Thompson Wish I kept it had a drum for it. Just my 5 cents jj

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm betting it was kinda loose on there from being 40 years old and somewhat chintzy, and someone shot the damn thing off and just left it layin in the dirt.

Is there a guide grove on that barrel??? It is hard to see..

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Had one. I think It was some time in the 70,s some one came along and wanted more than I did. Also had a Auto Ordnance Thompson Wish I kept it had a drum for it. Just my 5 cents jj

I have wanted to get an Auto Ordnance Thompson with a drum, but I hate that darn long funky barrel... I swear to you I have come this close to getting one....

Top Bottom