• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wthom12

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have a Winchester M1 Garand that I got from my father. I know he had it for 50+ years because of my age. Looked up the Serial Number it was made January of 1944. Also have another stock and some parts. I am thinking about selling it. If anybody could advise on whjat I should ask please let me know. If you need anymore info to price it out correctly let me know. Thanks GCGF

Attachments

• M1.jpg
      M1.jpg
      78.9 KB · Views: 205
    • m1 (2).jpg
      m1 (2).jpg
      59.6 KB · Views: 196
    • m3.jpg
      m3.jpg
      65.6 KB · Views: 211
    • m part 3.jpg
      m part 3.jpg
      75.4 KB · Views: 216
    • m part 4.jpg
      m part 4.jpg
      82.5 KB · Views: 190
    • m part1.jpg
      m part1.jpg
      62.1 KB · Views: 190

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shouldn't have any problem getting $1k+ for it. But, I agree with polebarn. Why would you sell an heirloom like that? That's something that, imo should be passed down through the family with the understanding that it's never sold. Just my opinion though.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    anything under $800 would be stealing it(if you are including all the parts, stock, clips, ammo)

you need to take it to jj.. oneshot, in jay..

even I finally found his place. he can help with value, both quicksell value, and collector value

Last edited:

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    People are asking $1K+ at gun shows and such, but you can get them from CMP for $730 to your door. Not necessarily a Winchester (I think they're mostly Springfields right now). Just food for thought.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    It needs examination. Winchester bolt, bbl, trigger housing, trigger guard, stock? Rebuild marks? Throat and muzzle wear measurements? Bore condition? Any cracks in the stock?

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    To meanly things to need know would need in hand to do a true value ,,What is the MR TR What the barrel looks like, the timing and what parts or on it, sounds like it is a bring back, so it would not have come from cmp this will not help the value of it . If not such , don't call cmp don't want to send it to them for any work. It could be considered stolen from the gov. This why a documented CMP will bring more money. Would be interested in some of the parts , would want to see them as to what condition they are in. I wouldn.t buy it with out knowing these thing . I have the tools to do this If you want to bring it buy. just call 850-572-6611 Just my 5 cents jj

Last edited:

wthom12

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Thanks everyone I will be getting in touch with JJ looks like he can answer all the questions I have. If i deiced to sell after talking with him I will post in the guns for sale section or might just keep it. Some of your comment has made me think yes my dad did keep it for 50+ years so it did mean something to him. Have to search my mother and one uncle still alive and see if they can bring light to how, when, where and why he had it.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    IMO - - -> You will never get enough money out of this gun that will make it worthwhile to sell it.
    I think that instead of selling it . . . maybe put some money into restoreing the weapon,take it to the range and shoot it.
    Spend some time into researching this guns history. You might be surprised as to the reason that your dad acquired this weapon,and held on to this weapon for such a long time. --- SAWMAN

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For sure get JJ to look at it and get a idea what it's worth, but not all old guns come with a war story. I have a couple that were given to me when I was just a kid. One came from a lady my mother work with after her husband past she ask my mom if she thought her son would like to have the old rifle her husband had owned. I never knew the man. But have kept the rifle all this years anyway.

Top Bottom