• ...and so much more!
  • Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Kimber Announces Manufacturing Expansion in Alabama

PR Contact: pr@kimberamerica.com
    (888) 243-4522
    For Immediate Release Kimber Announces Manufacturing Expansion in Alabama YONKERS, N.Y., January 9, 2018 — Kimber Mfg., Inc., a leading American firearms manufacturer, today announced that it has finalized plans to expand manufacturing operations to Alabama. Kimber will begin operations in early 2019, with a new design engineering and manufacturing facility in the City of Troy.

Once a small manufacturing company based in Yonkers, NY, Kimber has grown at a rapid pace over the past 21 years with locations in the New York metro area and Montana. The new Troy facility will double Kimber’s manufacturing capacity.

“Due to an unprecedented year-over-year growth in demand, every time the company has embarked upon a planned expansion, the newly created capacity is exhausted before the expansion is complete,” said James Cox, Kimber’s chief financial officer. “As we continue to move into uncharted waters in regards to Kimber product demand, it was important to us to build a facility that will allow us to secure a significant new plateau of capacity.”

“We are pleased with the impressive track record that Alabama has with attracting and retaining world-class manufacturing companies,” said Leslie Edelman, Kimber’s president and chief executive officer. “Growing our company intelligently depends significantly on being in the right manufacturing environment, and in Troy, we have a community dedicated to our long-term success. Working with the Alabama Department of Commerce as well as Mayor Jason Reeves and his team has been a pleasurable and rewarding experience.”

“We will be building a large, automated, state-of-the-art design engineering and manufacturing facility in Troy to support Kimber’s growth plan and strategy,” said Greg Grogan, Kimber’s chief operating officer. “Troy offers us expansion with a passionate workforce, affordable utility costs, a pro-business environment, experienced local training support, and long-term incentives from the State of Alabama and the City of Troy alike. This expansion, in conjunction with our existing manufacturing facilities, talented and experienced employees, and best-in-class products provides for exciting times here at Kimber.”

“This is a dream come true for the City of Troy and for me personally; a firearms manufacturing company with such a stellar brand as Kimber, creating jobs and capital investment for the community,” said Jason Reeves, Mayor of the City of Troy. “Troy has a strong manufacturing base and Kimber will certainly, positively add to that.”

—————

Kimber Mfg., Inc. is an American company that designs and manufactures premium firearms for individual, sporting, law enforcement and military markets. Complete information on Kimber firearms, accessories and Less-Lethal products is available at www.kimberamerica.com or by phone from Kimber in-house staff at 1-888-243-4522. A detailed product catalog is available upon request. Kimber can also be found on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That is good news on many levels. Kimber gets some bad reviews due to the short warranty and perceived relative high cost. I happen to own two Kimbers and they are fantastic pistols and who knows, coming to Alabama might push some prices down.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Your going to cheat on Wilson Combat with Kimber ?:spank: :dance:
    No...
    It’s been at least 4 years since I’ve owned a Kimber. However, I still maintain that mine ran just fine, but I have absolutely no interest in another.
    I think Frank’s dementia is flaring up.

Last edited:

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I never understood why Kimber stayed in N.Y. given the state's attitude towards guns. I hope this is a move that will ultimately move all facilities out of N.Y. I liked when Magpul effectively said FU to Colorado and closed up shop there.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been much impressed with how Mobile, AL and the rest of AL is able to attract industry compare to NWFL and the rest of FL. The Bozos that run things in FL are mostly interested making quick money off of real estate as I understand things.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been much impressed with how Mobile, AL and the rest of AL is able to attract industry compare to NWFL and the rest of FL. The Bozos that run things in FL are mostly interested making quick money off of real estate as I understand things.
    Toyota and Mazda announced a couple weeks ago an assembly plant in AL that will create 4,000 jobs. Alabama is killing it right now. That's on top of Mercedes, Honda, and Hyundai.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Wow, this is awesome for the city of Troy! They have a great college and now get a big design engineering and manufacturing gun company to open up there, huge boost for the small college town!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Form what was the DCM in 1963 I paid IIRC $17.50 for a .45 ACP. I would not pay more $400 for a used glock which is a better combat gun than any 1911 will ever be. But this is American and if you want it and have the money then it should be yours.

I would only pay a lot for money for a 1911 that had been through the hands of a competent gunsmith that had accurized it.

I still have that .45. We figure the frame was made in 1916 by colt and slide was from WWII. I have not had a reason to fire it in years.

For me it is glocks

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Form what was the DCM in 1963 I paid IIRC $17.50 for a .45 ACP. I would not pay more $400 for a used glock which is a better combat gun than any 1911 will ever be. But this is American and if you want it and have the money then it should be yours.

I would only pay a lot for money for a 1911 that had been through the hands of a competent gunsmith that had accurized it.

I still have that .45. We figure the frame was made in 1916 by colt and slide was from WWII. I have not had a reason to fire it in years.

For me it is glocks

That's about the time line that I got my 1911 Remington Rand also and for the same price with about $2.50 for S & H, traded it for a S & W model 19 .357, not a bad deal I thought, but that's water under the bridge. :amen: :amen:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

"Florida employment/business" think that the privilege of just living in the Sunshine State is such a grand benefit unto itself, that it counts as part of your piss poor wages. Ask LE, teachers and nurses! Once your away from the Coast and amusement parks its just like the rest of the South and could benefit from the stability of manufacturing opportunities.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's about the time line that I got my 1911 Remington Rand also and for the same price with about $2.50 for S & H, traded it for a S & W model 19 .357, not a bad deal I thought, but that's water under the bridge. :amen: :amen:
    I do have a kimber 1911 target pistol from the late 90's and that is for bullseye shooting not for carry. I have 1911s, but seldom touch them and it is mostly modern polymer pistols these days for carry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom