Ati 1911 .45 acp

I ran across some reviews of the ATI (Philippines made) full-size 1911 .45 ACP military model, and it got mostly quite favorable comments. I was bored & hadn't bought a gun in over a week, so I ordered one yesterday. The wife is from Philippines, so I figured heck, I'd see how well they can make a budget 1911. At $346 delivered I figured it was worth the risk. I already own a Les Baer "Boss" .45 and a "home made" Colt Gold Cup, & I'm certainly not expecting it to compare favorably with them, but it should be fairly nice & functional. Looking forward to delivery ...does anyone here have experience with ATI?

I received the pistol yesterday, and I'm actually quite impressed with the quality. The fit & finish are surprisingly good, the trigger is light & crisp, and slide to frame fit is tight. I fired about 100 rounds through it last evening at the local indoor range. The pistol is accurate and functioned 100% reliably with both Ball and lead SWC ammo. I find it amazing that it cost me under $370, including my FFL dealer's fee.
    Name:  Jmna35ll.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  72.8 KB

3. 5 Like War-Buff's Post:

Looks great, nice review. Not a 1911 guy but looks like they modeled it after the original down to the lanyard loop. If they had discreet markings I think I would pick one up. Its just me, I do not like roll marks on any gun, whether Les Baer or Taurus.

For the price point seems to be a really cool 1911. Filipinos are no strangers to making guns too, watched a Youtube video on Philippine homemade 1911's, pretty neat.

50 CAL
    That looks like an excellent deal. Thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Looks great, nice review. Not a 1911 guy but looks like they modeled it after the original down to the lanyard loop. If they had discreet markings I think I would pick one up. Its just me, I do not like roll marks on any gun, whether Les Baer or Taurus.

For the price point seems to be a really cool 1911. Filipinos are no strangers to making guns too, watched a Youtube video on Philippine homemade 1911's, pretty neat.
    Not too be a nit picker, but that's not a copy of the original, but a copy of the A1.
    The originals have a shorter tang, longer trigger, no relief around the trigger gaurd and a flat mainspring housing. I also believe the ejection port isn't lowered and flared, but I've seen camercial A1's where they weren't either so idk.

And remember: if a armscor doesn't run unless their Wilson mags, it's stacked tolerances. If a Wilson only runs on Wilson mags, it's precision machinery.

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post

Thanks. I think the markings are overkill too, but that's how they come. I think I saw the same video...Guys producing some pretty nice looking 1911s in a shack in the jungle.

8. Likes War-Buff's Post:

Red

Speaking of markings, I think the ones on my Les Baer look pretty good, but that's just me
    Name:  Baer-Boss-L.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  39.0 KB
    Name:  Baer-Boss-r.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  38.5 KB

10. Likes War-Buff's Post:

Red