• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    My latest project, and my take on making the S&W Shield perfect. There’s something very unique about it for the keen eyed.
    a18c514d4fb5b0e56c4fd652eed08aee.jpg

7db4fb53131fb3f31a8f63608259c9cc.jpg

db7dc93c52bd10b3dd36b660cf59a13b.jpg

Last edited:

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    then what happened to it. Aliens abduct it?

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Well, they don’t offer such a thing from the factory, so I had to build my own.
    I’ve always liked the PC Shields, love the smoothness of the sear and plunger, the fiber optic sights, and really like the look of ports in the slide. However, don’t care for the mid trigger hinge, the grip is a bit too slick (but the 2.0 is too abrasive for carry against bare skin), I also don’t care for what the ported barrel actually does, and absolutely HATE the safety. I’m fine with a thumb safety, but the one S&W puts on shields is completely unusable.
    So, to build the perfect shield, I got a PC gun, and an LE NS gun, did some parts swapping, added an Apex trigger shoe, some sticky rubber grips, SilencerCo barrel, and Voila!
    So now I have a no safety performance center unported gun with a very nice unhinged trigger pull (using all factory S&W internals for reliability), that as a bonus, works with my 9mm suppressor.
    Meanwhile, the wife (who wants a safety) now has a gun with night sights and a thumb safety. Additionally, I got an extra magazine out of the deal (since LE comes with 3).
    Perfecto!!

Last edited:

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Very clever - you got a great gun and made your wife happy as well. You know the old saying "Happy wife - you don't have to sleep on the couch" Terrible saying actually, you think they would come up with a saying that rhymed. :)

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Looks like you need a sight mounted on top of that can. Maybe yo could put a scope on it?
    Very nice build!

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Looks like you need a sight mounted on top of that can. Maybe yo could put a scope on it?
    Very nice build!
    It would melt. Lol
    As far as sights, both front and rear have rods, so they work quite well, as opposed to my usual setup, which is a black rear since that would get lost against the can.
    Thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom