• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I will be needing to have two AR lowers engraved. Not with trust info. I will need block script and (possibly) several different logo's. No color. Non NFA lowers.
    I will not take apart the gun. Best I can do is supply the engraver with a COMPLETE lower. Or possibly a lower with the stock removed but with buffer tube installed.
    If the engraver was in the P'cola area it would be great . . . but will travel. No shipping.
    Any reccomendations from having work done (first hand info) would be greatly appreciated. --- SAWMAN

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I will be needing to have two AR lowers engraved. Not with trust info. I will need block script and (possibly) several different logo's. No color. Non NFA lowers.
    I will not take apart the gun. Best I can do is supply the engraver with a COMPLETE lower. Or possibly a lower with the stock removed but with buffer tube installed.
    If the engraver was in the P'cola area it would be great . . . but will travel. No shipping.
    Any reccomendations from having work done (first hand info) would be greatly appreciated. --- SAWMAN

Did you try searching, SAWMAN? I believe this topic has come up several times in the past.

Edit: Try these:

http://gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?21123&p=181867#post181867

http://gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?7670&p=62200#post62200

http://gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?16143&p=132759#post132759

http://gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?14960&p=122111#post122111

Last edited:

Jaxon1023

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What Capt. Dave said. Had my lower engraved be it a NFA lower for my SBR and my SBS also with veritas.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I really would like to get this done locally. How did you get your weapon to the engraver you used Bruce ??
    I did try searching. However the threads that I found were years old and there was no info about logo's or how the AR was delivered to the engraver. IOW . . . stripped lower or complete lower ??? I read thru your supplied links TJ. They are the same ones that I found in my searches.
    Also concerned about the logo. Will an engraver upload a pic that I bring them,then engrave that ?? My requirements are somewhat different than the previous talk in the past threads. This was my reason for starting a new thread. I was hoping that some of our members had expieranced what I am needing. Logo . . . local . . . and COMPLETE lower.
    I appreciate any and all info. --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    On the engraved lower you are giving me as a present, my last name is spelled LARSON, not LARSEN.

I went to Post Office, got a small flat rate box and mailed the receiver (it happened that it was stripped). I was told I could mail it to him, as he is a FFL. It was mailed back to me. Don't know if he does logo's, as that was not part of what I wanted. I picked him per recommendations I'd read on other forums + he said he would fill in the engraved letters with some type of color to match the receiver color itself. He was very responsive.

Actually your thread is of interest, as I've been thinking of doing an 80% receiver to look like it came from Mattel for the US Military during the Vietnam era. Trying to find the Photoshopped pic of one like that.

Orion did the engraving on my 26.5mm destructive device; then engraving was done on steel, as the bbl and receiver are steel. In that case I shipped the bbl via UPS. UPS lady asked if it was a complete gun, and I said only a flare gun bbl. She replied something like oh a FFL at the destination is not needed in that case and took the package. Orion is a FFL.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Heck Bruce . . . was gonna have the engraver put "Doc".
    Got a call from a forum member saying that another member has a CNC for this type of work. Could possibly use him for the work if he is interested. AND . . . as long as he can meet my criteria. --- SAWMAN

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Bill, contact Larry Blackburn at Ammunition sales Co. (477-2223 after 6pm). He can do engraving these days. Not sure to what extent.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Gotcha. I remember now. In fact seems that I was there a couple of years ago and he was closed.
    Thank you sir. --- SAWMAN

reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    sawman

if you want give me a shout sometime... i can do some cnc based milling... and may be able to help... really depends on size of details etc..

rich

Top Bottom