• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Well my son has left for Air Force Basic so I hit the field to ease my mind.

A couple weekends ago I started off behind the house calling crows... we smashed a few.

Then I decided to ride out to the ranch and I managed to shoot a few more.

While calling I noticed something about 400 yards out in the cow pasture coming in fast, my first thought was a coyote. I eased to the ground flat as a pancake and swapped out two High-brass #6 for two 00 Buck. As it got to within about 60 yards I could see it was a BobCat. First two rounds got it running right towards me and when she got about 20 yards out she turned broadside and that #6 load rolled her. She was apparently coming to the crow distress call.

After taking some pics and milling around for ten minutes or so I started walking back to the truck. I just so happened to look back from where the cat came and saw several small black dots... PIGS! I quickly put all my stuff in the truck and grabbed about five more 00Buck as I had no rifle with me. A LONG walk around the woods and I popped out in the field where they were... three of them with their faces in the dirt. I walked within SG range (50 yards) and smoked two of them.

Then a couple days ago I was putting out some corn for this weekend when I came upon a large group. It was bot-action fun to say the least. Got these three...

Been waiting on a Pulsar XP-50 since mid November, can't wait until it gets here.

Top Bottom