• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldsaltnfla

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just wondering how many of the forum guys and gals are going to read the new book Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House, by Michael Wolff. It is supposed to be released today, I believe. I can't wait to read it.
    Joe

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm gonna order it and Donna Brazile's "Hacks" because I just CANT GET ENOUGH of the 2016 election,

oldsaltnfla

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can find much better works of fiction to occupy my time. No thanks.

But if you haven't read it, how can you comment on it? I am withholding all comment until I actually read it. I will not take any reporter's or critic's word for it. I will make my own judgement only AFTER I read it.
    Joe

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    still working on HRC's "What happened?"

I can only stand so much at one time....

NOT.

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    But if you haven't read it, how can you comment on it? I am withholding all comment until I actually read it. I will not take any reporter's or critic's word for it. I will make my own judgement only AFTER I read it.
    Joe

For the same reason I did not read Obama's Dreams or Hillary's Blame Everyone Else......They are a complete waste of my time. There are far more valuable ways to invest my time than reading political tripe and finger pointing. My reading list is centered around self-improvement -- physically, mentally and financially. Tropes like these are destructive and depressing to say the least.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If Trump had taken the high road (I know and if donkey's could fly) this book would not have vaulted up to number 1. Michael Wolf has a poor rep as a reporter. The biggest fallout is a rift between Bannon and his financial supporters. The alt -right movement is slowed down for a bit until they can find a new prince of darkness.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Trolling trolling trolling on a ------- oldsalt is bored ------ again.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would get a copy but my wife already picked up toilet paper this week. Besides that load of crap isn't worth wiping my ass with.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wolff is a joke.

Two ironies, Wolf comes from a very right winged background and was given access to the Administration because they thought he would be sympathetic to them. Second, if the Administration had responded like an adult to this book, instead of like a child then folks would have seen Wolf for what he was, instead he is now a best selling author.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Because liberals will support anyone that pushes their agenda.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got the following from the beginning of a GQ article on this topic - it is very well put:

I’m gonna begin this post with the same disclaimer that needs to come with every post about Michael Wolff, which is that Wolff is a fart-sniffer whose credibility is often suspect and who represents the absolute worst of New York media-cocktail-circuit inbreeding. But in a way, it’s fitting that our least reliable president could finally find himself undone at the hands of one of our least reliable journalists.

All of Wolff’s excerpts from Fire & Fury so far (the book was rushed into stores today) read like jayvee fan fiction. They read like a pilot that Steve Bannon himself wrote, pitched to Hollywood, and had rejected 17 times over. They read, in short, like bullshit. And yet…Wolff has audio. He’s got hours upon hours of audio. Not only that, but the book has already caused legitimate upheaval in the administration, opened a permanent rift between President Trump and Bannon, AND it confirms what we have all always known to be true: that the president severely lacks the cognitive ability to do this job, and that he is surrounded at all times by a cadre of enablers, dunces, and outright thieves. As much as I wanna discredit Wolff, he got receipts and, more important, he used them. Wolff got it all. Wolff nailed them.

And look how he did it. He did it by sleazily ingratiating himself with the White House, gaining access, hosting weird private dinners, and then taking full advantage of the administration's basic lack of knowledge about how reporting works. Some of the officials Wolff got on tape claim to be unaware that they were on the record. Wolff denies this, but he's very much up front in the book's intro about the fact that he was able to exploit the incredible "lack of experience" on display here. In other words, Wolff got his book by playing a bunch of naive dopes.

Here is the scary thing to think about. What could a more sophisticated man or organization have done to these same naive dopes? Say an organization that is playing the long game or who has goals more chilling than just making a quick buck on a tell all book? The people in charge of the safety and security of our country have demonstrated just how incompetent they are by given unlimited access to this man. How many other dangerous men and women have been given the same or similar access. What will the repercussions be?

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wolf comes from a very right winged background
    I got the following from the beginning of a GQ article on this topic - it is very well put:

I’m gonna begin this post with the same disclaimer that needs to come with every post about Michael Wolff, which is that Wolff is a fart-sniffer whose credibility is often suspect and who represents the absolute worst of New York media-cocktail-circuit inbreeding

So, is he a "right winger" or a " fart-sniffer whose credibility is often suspect and who represents the absolute worst of New York media-cocktail-circuit inbreeding"???

Not too many "right wingers" on the "New York media-cocktail-circuit" Big contradiction,, just like everything about libs...

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not too many "right wingers" on the "New York media-cocktail-circuit" Big contradiction,, just like everything about libs...

Oh I don't know, have you ever heard of Donald Trump?

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes , yes I have. He's the guy that beat out the liberal Hilary clinton for job of running the United States. Liberals will piss and moun from now on but the fact remains that there are enough folks left to over turn their lies and falsehoods.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Talking about lies, Trump is a compulsive liar. I wonder if the guy can order breakfast without lying?

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    He admitted he lied his way into the White House, and now he wants someone to believe his book? A liar and a looser. Ive heard enough excerpts to know for sure he's a hater and exploiting their good will.
    Skewed, slanderous trash. Thats all. Nothing to read, Joe.
    Take this to the HRC forum where you will be appreciated, and have a nice day.

Last edited:

latch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1q4qpz.jpg

Attachments

• 1q4qpz.jpg
      1q4qpz.jpg
      48.2 KB · Views: 153
    Top Bottom