• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When the author of the book says he doesn't know if his own writing is true; why bother buying it and wasting the time and money.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the book is a Trump-sanctioned ploy to get the media off the Russian narrative. A quick check of CNN and MSNBC reveal it appears to be working.:rolleyes:

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    NPR just gave the book a poor review. I am serious if Trump could have shut up and ignored the book then the rest of the world wold have as well. Maybe Ross was correct this was a cleaver ploy to distract us from the Russian connections.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When the author of the book says he doesn't know if his own writing is true; why bother buying it and wasting the time and money.

That's the part that gets me. The own guy that wrote the book and used so called sources states that he does not know for sure if the words he wrote are even true!!!!!! So it's just a bunch of crap if you ask me. What kind of writer says, here's what I know to be true. But "it may not be true!"

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can't think of the last time I spent $20 on a book. I still likely won't read it.

But if the POTUS is trying to shut down free speech, I felt it was a civic duty to buy a copy

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

here is the biggest lie of all, have you seen this?

I have never heard an explanation..

No I have never seen it but i am going to watch it tonight, so that I can get a better understanding of the hullabaloo. Thanks for the link.

I don't know which would be worse, Obama being President despite not being an American citizen, or Trump being a Russian puppet. Actually I do know which would be worse. Trump the Russian operative would be much worse.

Speaking of Russian connections, i wonder when Trump is going to release his tax returns. Remember he said he could not do this during the campaign because he was bein audited (which was a lie, because an audit does not prohibit a return from being released) After the audit was over Trump still refused to release the tax return because he said no one was interested in it (which of course was another lie).

The reality is that Trump won't release his returns because they will show the extensive financial ties between Russian and Trump.

Last edited:

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So I watched it, then I researched it. First of all this fails the Snopes check.
    https://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/birthcertificate.asp

I know that some of y'all don't believe in Snopes. So I also pulled information from a little known news outlet called FOX to see what they said about this. It seems that FOX hired an expert to see if this was a false document. He looked specifically at this issue (the adobie illustrator issue that is the issue of that video you posted) and said that the document was not forged at all. Here you go:

Expert: No Doubt Obama's Birth Certificate Is Legit
    By Jana Winter Published April 29, 2011 Fox News
    Facebook Twitter livefyre Email Print
    It didn’t take long for some of President Obama’s doubters to claim the long-awaited birth certificate posted online by the White House on Wednesday had been altered or might be a fake.

But a leading software expert says there’s no doubt about its authenticity, and he dismisses claims of fraud as flat-out wrong.

The doubters have latched onto the idea that Adobe Illustrator — the premier program for computer graphic artists — “reveals” evidence of document manipulation in the Obama birth certificate. They note Illustrator reveals nine separate layers of the document, and claim it’s “proof” the file has been altered.

But that’s not so, says Jean-Claude Tremblay, a leading software trainer and Adobe-certified expert, who has years of experience working with and teaching Adobe Illustrator.

“You should not be so suspicious about this,” Tremblay told FoxNews.com, dismissing the allegations.

He said the layers cited by doubters are evidence of the use of common, off-the-shelf scanning software — not evidence of a forgery. “I have seen a lot of illustrator documents that come from photos and contain those kind of clippings—and it looks exactly like this,” he said.

Tremblay explained that the scanner optical character recognition (OCR) software attempts to translate characters or words in a photograph into text. He said the layers cited by the doubters shows that software at work – and nothing more.

“When you open it in Illustrator it looks like layers, but it doesn’t look like someone built it from scratch. If someone made a fake it wouldn’t look like this,” he said.“Some scanning software is trying to separate the background and the text and splitting element into layers and parts of layers.”

Tremblay also said that during the scanning process, instances where the software was unable to separate text fully from background led to the creation of a separate layer within the document. This could be places where a signature runs over the line of background, or typed characters touch the internal border of the document.

“I know that you can scan a document from a scanner most of the time it will appear as one piece, but that doesn’t mean that there’s no software that’s doing this kind of stuff,” he said, adding that it’s really quite common.

“I’d be more afraid it’d be fake if it was one in piece. It would be harder to check if it’s a good one if it’s a fake,” Tremblay said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/04/29/expert-says-obamas-birth-certificate-legit.html

One last point for you snopes haters. The basis of Snopes stating that the layering argument was false was the FOX expert, and in fact Snopes quote the expert's FOX broadcast on the snopes web page.

Last edited:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If the book is all fake and made up, and nobody ever said any of those things, then why should Bannon have to apologize for saying any of it? Since if it's fake, he never said it to anyone. Right?

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The part I am most interested in is Trump ghost writing his son's email claiming that the meeting in Trump tower with the Russians was about adoptions only. Trump was warned that this false email (and we all know it was false) could be considered obstruction. Trump sent it anyway and the legal spokesman for Trump, Mark Corallo quit as a result. We now hear that"the spokesman, Mark Corallo, told Wolff in private that he feared that the Air Force One meeting represented obstruction of justice."

http://www.businessinsider.com/trum...one-meeting-was-obstruction-of-justice-2018-1

Last edited:

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We know that Mark Corallo did in fact resign in this time frame.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/marc-kasowitz-spokesman-mark-corallo-resigns/article/2629306

And we know that he quit because he disagreed with the way the Trump administration was handling the Russian probe.

"Mr Corallo is said to have left his post over disagreements with the way Mr Trump’s legal team was handling the Russia probe, led by special counsel Robert Mueller."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...rallo-administration-staff-team-a7852471.html

So it appears that Wolff may be on point with this report as well.

How does President Pence sound to y'all?

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If the book is all fake and made up, why are Trump's lawyers writing letters threatening to sue people for violating non-disclosure agreements?

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We know that Mark Corallo did in fact resign in this time frame.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/marc-kasowitz-spokesman-mark-corallo-resigns/article/2629306

And we know that he quit because he disagreed with the way the Trump administration was handling the Russian probe.

"Mr Corallo is said to have left his post over disagreements with the way Mr Trump’s legal team was handling the Russia probe, led by special counsel Robert Mueller."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...rallo-administration-staff-team-a7852471.html

So it appears that Wolff may be on point with this report as well.

How does President Pence sound to y'all?

President Pence is worse than tRump in some ways. Having a faith-centered life is one thing, being a religious zealot is quite another.

Top Bottom