• ...and so much more!
  • War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Seems I don't understand.
    What exactly makes it a safe zone . . . . the effin sign. --- SAWMAN

But it's a very official looking sign ;) Seriously, I agree, but I suppose the proximity to the police station would make it a safer place than some

Last edited:

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've done only two firearm transactions where I sold a firearm. I tend to buy and not sell! But the two I have sold, one was in a gas station parking lot and the other was in the mall parking lot! I would never bring anyone to my house that I don't know already. That just goes for selling anything really. Doesn't really just have to be a firearm.

I sold a garage refrigerator once and had to have the buyers come by. They were commenting on all kinds of things in my garage and they just gave me a bad feeling like they were scoping out my stuff. I kindly asked them to hurry up and get it loaded and gone! Gave me the willies thinking they were going to be back to steal crap out of my garage!

timc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've bought a muzzleloader at one forum members home. Other transactions I have done at a McDonalds parking lot and a Walmart parking lot.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mostly Walmart parking lots. Mainly because its easy to find and Walmarts tend have large parking lots so you aren't on top of everyone. Most everyone I've met with on this forum has been a CWP holders or LEO's and have been long terms members. Never had an issue.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    If I know you or you have good reviews on this forum and have been here for a while: Meet in the clay pit.
    Otherwise, always armed, meet face to face in public place known to have cameras in the parking lot. Daylight hours only.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    FrankT forgot to say the first thing that he does when goes to your place is get out and pee of on your place, I guess this for DNA if some thing happens it is had to clean all of it up. I know this is a fact. Just my 100 cents jj

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I usually meet in a busy public place when I was down in Florida. I would show up early and get a look see of the area and always be armed, unless I know the person. Sometimes I would bring a friend. Also would never sell ammo and gun together, again unless I knew them.

Hope this helps.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I have NEVER even heard of anyone getting jacked up on a gun / ammo deal, aside from the "I'm going to talk you down another 50.00 once we meet crowd"). Thieves are mostly cowardly and would tend to go after the craigslist ladies undergarment sales, which is what the safe zones are designed for, Not gun sales. If your scared bring a friend, or send your wife to the meet. Heck I used to have to deliver Schlitz Malt Liquor to some very out of the way places, now that was scary.

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Not to mention entertaining. Especially the part about Frank peeing on your property!

Idoono

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    One of the things I like about this forum is I can get a pretty good idea of the character of people just by reading their posts. All the people I have bought from have been high character guys that I would not hesitate to do business with again.

Joeinfl

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    First thing I do after emails is get phone number and talk directly to the buyer or seller, if I feel uneasy I back out. Then always meet in a very public place, I use Walmart parking lot or Winn-Dixie. Police Dept is a great idea. I have traded a ton of firearms over the years and never had a bad transaction.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Thanks for all the good thoughts and suggestions.

arowzee727

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I would not feel safe selling firearms in front of a police station. My luck I would get that rookie freaking out and trying to arrest me.

Top Bottom