• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Not sure where to post this question, so I'll try here.

When selling firearms on this site, how are meet-ups executed? i.e. where do seller and buyer meet? At seller's home? Walmart parking lot? What is deemed sensible, appropriate and safe? I realize it can be done anywhere both buyer and seller are comfortable and there is no single right answer, but am curious to learn how others have handled their transactions. (I'm not particularly interested in having a FFL dealer do a transfer on a private sale)

dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    for me , Walmart parking lots are great, plenty of light and cameras in case anything goes south. Never had any problems with members of GCGF or anybody for that matter. Ask for ID to make sure they are Florida resident. Most people I have met are nice people and interesting.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Many police stations now have specific parking spots for just such a purpose. They provide a safe, well lit place to conduct business with unknown parties.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I usually go with a mutually agreed location, or the other party's home if they are comfortable with that.

public places, well known restaurant parking lots, or well lighted and busy stores..

none of this meet me behind the exit sign on the interstate @ 10pm or behind a store I am not familiar with....

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m usually comfortable dealing with folks on the forum with a good number of posts already. Also very comfortable dealing with guys willing to text or talk on the phone.
    Only have had a couple of issues with guys either just being pushy and rude or refuse to show FL ID and sign a bill of sale.
    Yes I know it’s not required but it’s a cya thing and not like it’s a binding document with notary and ssn info.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Many police stations now have specific parking spots for just such a purpose. They provide a safe, well lit place to conduct business with unknown parties.
    Im about as pro-LEO as you can be, but I do wonder how Officer Rookie will feel about a tan skinned Mr Bubba Q Public (like myself) finger banging an AK in their parking lot.

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Im about as pro-LEO as you can be, but I do wonder how Officer Rookie will feel about a tan skinned Mr Bubba Q Public (like myself) finger banging an AK in their parking lot.

I can definitely understand that position, and that's one of the biggest reasons I've never used on of those locations for a firearm transaction. It might be prudent to to call the station and let them know/ask how to proceed without causing a ruckus.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Seems I don't understand.
    What exactly makes it a safe zone . . . . the effin sign. --- SAWMAN
    Common sense would dictate that potential jackers would be less likely to jack someone in the vicinity of a police station.
    Unfortunately, common sense is less than common.
    I suppose females in particular would feel better about meeting a stranger near a police station to sell their undergarments.
    Which reminds me WHY do women do that? I’m not sure which is more strange, whether the buying and the selling.

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Common sense would dictate that potential jackers would be less likely to jack someone in the vicinity of a police station.
    Unfortunately, common sense is less than common.
    I suppose females in particular would fee better about meeting a stranger near a police station to sell their undergarments.
    Which reminds me WHY do women do that? I’m not sure which is more strange, whether the buying and the selling.

people do this??

WTH?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I meet at a public place mutually agreed on, I would only allow a few of these reprobates in my home! LOL I am always armed so if things go sideways there is going to be a gun battle! I do tend to do business with forum guys that have close to 500+ posts or someone others have done business with so I feel pretty comfortable. Never had a issue off the forum

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I mostly deal with known forum members and haven't had a problem and don't expect to. A guy wouldn't last very long around here if he wasn't a man of his word.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I mostly deal with known forum members and haven't had a problem and don't expect to. A guy wouldn't last very long around here if he wasn't a man of his word.
    Yup. We usually shame away the shadies. Lol

Top Bottom