Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ---------- I'm waiting

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I think we all are LOL! I read a news report last night that firefighters in Boston were having to rescue stranded cars in the flood waters that contained ice and mini icebergs LOL! You have to be some kind of idiot to drive into flood waters let alone flood waters with floating ice and mini icebergs!

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    "Climate change" is real, been happening periodically since the beginning, but man-made global warming is such crap....just more BS to get even more control over the people. JMO

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You guys are right 97% of the world's scientist are in a vast conspiracy to mess with your minds.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    the 97% figure, is from a group of 200, not the world's total.

I have no doubt climate is changing in areas of the world, but it is not man-caused ...

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The East Coast is very cold and some parts are getting hammered by snow and ice storms. Some might call this phenomenon “winter” but former vice president Al Gore is assuring us that it’s really that global warming stuff he’s been lying about for decades. You see, using liberal physics, cold and warm are the same thing. Sort of like how in liberal ethics right and wrong are synonymous.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got this from the NASA web cite - bear in mind these are just from US scientific societies.

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

AMERICAN SCIENTIFIC SOCIETIES
    Statement on climate change from 18 scientific associations
    "Observations throughout the world make it clear that climate change is occurring, and rigorous scientific research demonstrates that the greenhouse gases emitted by human activities are the primary driver." (2009)2

American Association for the Advancement of Science
    "The scientific evidence is clear: global climate change caused by human activities is occurring now, and it is a growing threat to society." (2006)3

American Chemical Society
    "Comprehensive scientific assessments of our current and potential future climates clearly indicate that climate change is real, largely attributable to emissions from human activities, and potentially a very serious problem." (2004)4

American Geophysical Union
    "Human‐induced climate change requires urgent action. Humanity is the major influence on the global climate change observed over the past 50 years. Rapid societal responses can significantly lessen negative outcomes." (Adopted 2003, revised and reaffirmed 2007, 2012, 2013)5

American Medical Association
    "Our AMA ... supports the findings of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s fourth assessment report and concurs with the scientific consensus that the Earth is undergoing adverse global climate change and that anthropogenic contributions are significant." (2013)6

American Meteorological Society
    "It is clear from extensive scientific evidence that the dominant cause of the rapid change in climate of the past half century is human-induced increases in the amount of atmospheric greenhouse gases, including carbon dioxide (CO2), chlorofluorocarbons, methane, and nitrous oxide." (2012)7

American Physical Society
    "The evidence is incontrovertible: Global warming is occurring. If no mitigating actions are taken, significant disruptions in the Earth’s physical and ecological systems, social systems, security and human health are likely to occur. We must reduce emissions of greenhouse gases beginning now." (2007)8

The Geological Society of America
    "The Geological Society of America (GSA) concurs with assessments by the National Academies of Science (2005), the National Research Council (2006), and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC, 2007) that global climate has warmed and that human activities (mainly greenhouse‐gas emissions) account for most of the warming since the middle 1900s." (2006; revised 2010)9

SCIENCE ACADEMIES
    International academies: Joint statement
    "Climate change is real. There will always be uncertainty in understanding a system as complex as the world’s climate. However there is now strong evidence that significant global warming is occurring. The evidence comes from direct measurements of rising surface air temperatures and subsurface ocean temperatures and from phenomena such as increases in average global sea levels, retreating glaciers, and changes to many physical and biological systems. It is likely that most of the warming in recent decades can be attributed to human activities (IPCC 2001)." (2005, 11 international science academies)10

U.S. National Academy of Sciences
    "The scientific understanding of climate change is now sufficiently clear to justify taking steps to reduce the amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere." (2005)11

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    the 97% figure, is from a group of 200, not the world's total.

I have no doubt climate is changing in areas of the world, but it is not man-caused ...

Skeptical Science's 2013 'The Consensus Project'
    Scientists need to back up their opinions with research and data that survive the peer-review process. A Skeptical Science peer-reviewed survey of all (over 12,000) peer-reviewed abstracts on the subject 'global climate change' and 'global warming' published between 1991 and 2011 (Cook et al. 2013) found that over 97% of the papers taking a position on the subject agreed with the consensus position that humans are causing global warming. In a second phase of the project, the scientist authors were emailed and rated over 2,000 of their own papers. Once again, over 97% of the papers taking a position on the cause of global warming agreed that humans are causing it.
    https://www.skepticalscience.com/global-warming-scientific-consensus-intermediate.htm

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well if all of the liberals would stop talking out their asses the methane gas emission would drop drastically .

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    so tell me, without googling, what is the percentage of CO2 in our air, since that seems to be the culprit everyone points to...

and while you are activating your own brain cells, the % of nitrogen and oxygen also..

no cheating

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    the lie of man caused global warming was using fake science and assumptions, they have been wrong every time used in the past 68 years, I know I was there.

every time a volcano has a major eruption it releases MORE pollutants than ALL of mankind in the history of man, there is nothing we can do about it.

The US could have zero emission (and 0 jobs) and it would affect the worlds pollution less than one tenth of 1% but these idiots want us to spend trillions to clean up America...WHY, is if we did that the leftists/commies/ win, we are broker than broke, no jobs and business cannot afford to be in business. The liberals want us all on welfare so we are beholding to them and only vote for more welfare as it is happening today.

Do Not allow these Anti Americans to win!

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    so tell me, without googling, what is the percentage of CO2 in our air, since that seems to be the culprit everyone points to...

and while you are activating your own brain cells, the % of nitrogen and oxygen also..

no cheating

Sorry cannot do that. I am not a scientist and never claimed to be one. But how does the fact that I am not a scientist and therefore cannot answer your questions change the fact that actual real scientist who have studied this issue and publish PEER reviewed papers agree that climate change is real and the result of man made activities?

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    the lie of man caused global warming was using fake science and assumptions, they have been wrong every time used in the past 68 years, I know I was there.

every time a volcano has a major eruption it releases MORE pollutants than ALL of mankind in the history of man, there is nothing we can do about it.

!

Sorry this belief has been busted https://www.snopes.com/volcano-carbon-emissions/

There is no question that very large volcanic eruptions can inject significant amounts of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. The 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens vented approximately 10 million tons of CO2 into the atmosphere in only 9 hours.

However, it currently takes humanity only 2.5 hours to put out the same amount. While large explosive eruptions like this are rare and only occur globally every 10 years or so, humanity’s emissions are ceaseless and increasing every year.

A more accurate rendering of Plimer’s claim would be something like “3500 Mount St Helens-scale volcanic ‘coughs’ in a single day might be able to produce as much CO2 as humans have added to the atmosphere through the burning of fossil fuels to date.” Such a headline would be unlikely to have the same effect as the original one, however.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sorry cannot do that. I am not a scientist and never claimed to be one. But how does the fact that I am not a scientist and therefore cannot answer your questions change the fact that actual real scientist who have studied this issue and publish PEER reviewed papers agree that climate change is real and the result of man made activities?

this does not require a degree, or being a scientist, this is 7th grade material....

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sorry this belief has been busted https://www.snopes.com/volcano-carbon-emissions/

There is no question that very large volcanic eruptions can inject significant amounts of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. The 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens vented approximately 10 million tons of CO2 into the atmosphere in only 9 hours.

However, it currently takes humanity only 2.5 hours to put out the same amount. While large explosive eruptions like this are rare and only occur globally every 10 years or so, humanity’s emissions are ceaseless and increasing every year.

A more accurate rendering of Plimer’s claim would be something like “3500 Mount St Helens-scale volcanic ‘coughs’ in a single day might be able to produce as much CO2 as humans have added to the atmosphere through the burning of fossil fuels to date.” Such a headline would be unlikely to have the same effect as the original one, however.

you do realize, of course you do, snopes is a liberal run lie factory. The lie of the left, their fake numbers, fake news and hatred of America they deserve worse than GITMO, I say send them to ISIS. Not great loss for us and a blessing to humanity

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All these super smart scientist are funded from grants that are paid for with taxpayer dollars. Most of them couldn't even feed themselves with out being on the goverenment give away program . Just a thought. :ranger:

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    this does not require a degree, or being a scientist, this is 7th grade material....

I don't get your point. Are you saying that I am an idiot because I have forgotten my 7th grade science lesson? Even if i am an idiot, i can still read, research and learn what I need to know to make a decision. I am always willing to learn.

None of this matters though. Folks who are not idiots, who are actual scientist have agreed to a 97% level, that climate change is real and is the result of man made activity.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    you do realize, of course you do, snopes is a liberal run lie factory. The lie of the left, their fake numbers, fake news and hatred of America they deserve worse than GITMO, I say send them to ISIS. Not great loss for us and a blessing to humanity

Sorry, not true

About Snopes.com
    The Snopes.com web site was founded by David Mikkelson, a project begun in 1994 as an expression of his interest in researching urban legends that has since grown into the oldest and largest fact-checking site on the Internet, one widely regarded by journalists, folklorists, and laypersons alike as one of the world’s essential resources. Snopes.com is routinely included in annual “Best of the Web” lists and has been the recipient of two Webby awards. Snopes.com personnel have made multiple appearances as guests on national news programs such as 20/20, ABC World News, CNN Sunday Morning, and NPR’s All Things Considered, and they and their work have been profiled in numerous major news publications, including The New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, and Reader’s Digest.

With over 20 years’ experience as a professional researcher and writer, David has created in Snopes.com what has come to be regarded as an online touchstone of rumor research. The site’s work has been described as painstaking, scholarly, and reliable, and has been lauded by the world’s top folklorists, including Jan Harold Brunvand, Gary Alan Fine, and Patricia Turner. Hundreds of the site’s articles have been cited by authors in a variety of disciplines, and various of their articles have been published in textbooks currently in use in the U.S. and Canadian school systems.

The Snopes.com web site is (and always has been) a completely independent, self-sufficient entity wholly owned by its operators and funded through advertising revenues. Neither the site nor its operators has ever received monies from (or been engaged in any business or editorial relationship with), any sponsor, political party, religious group, outside business organization, or government agency that is not disclosed here.

Top Bottom