• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Maybe soon, A, and thanks for the info. I did like that bright follower.

Good to know Caveman, but that’s a bit far for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As much as I know they’ll fail again, for all the same reasons, today I do wish they were open. I need a G17 magazine, Academy’s are “in the truck” thigh website shows in stock, and has for a couple of days. I don’t want to go to Mikes or Jays, I don’t do business with TGD, and Jim’s is too far of a drive for just a magazine.
    I’ll probably just mail order, but my point is that today, I would’ve bought at Gander.
    Ugh...

I'm not sure how well they'll do. With the market the way it is, it'll be tough. I agree though, we do need another outdoors store here. They carry what smaller stores can't or won't. Like safes. I need another safe and refuse to buy a Cannon from Academy.
    Curious as to why you don't buy from TGD. I haven't bought anything from them. Mainly because they never have anything there. I have bought 2 guns from Jim's though. Haven't been inside Uber's but I heard they have some cool guns on the wall that are display only and aren't for sale. Might have to take a look one day when I have nothing better to do.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree, while I did move to the Crestview area I am OUT of town, but still have to use their stores, there is much lacking here that could really put the town ON the Map. No Home depot, Academy, new Walmart,lack of night spots, nice restaurants, even fewer fast food places.

Frank, we live on the south end, outside city limits, and find it easier to drive down to the Niceville Walmart than to deal with Crestview traffic. I've been here about 20 years, and it has become so bad that we do the majority of our shopping, dining, and just havin' fun anywhere but Crestview.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Ironbeard, I can see how you would go Niceville way, too far for me but we have found businesses on 90 and N Crestview to be pretty easy to get to so far. Being retired and able to go when I want instead of rush hour is nice too. Just would be nice to have more relevant to me stores here.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The new store format will not sell any semi-auto firearms or magazines. Only black powder, single shots, lever guns, bolt guns, and revolvers. Their CEO doesn’t like assault automatic weapons (semi-autos to us).

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The new store format will not sell any semi-auto firearms or magazines. Only black powder, single shots, lever guns, bolt guns, and revolvers. Their CEO doesn’t like assault automatic weapons (semi-autos to us).

that seals it...wasn't planning to buy anything anyway....see ya..i won't even buy a box of .22lr from them...

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Business is sure to fail if they get in the business of making political statements....new Gander will fail too if this is true. I can't imagine the conversation going on at their board meetings...oh well, didn't shop their much before and wont in the future.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ironbeard, I can see how you would go Niceville way, too far for me but we have found businesses on 90 and N Crestview to be pretty easy to get to so far. Being retired and able to go when I want instead of rush hour is nice too. Just would be nice to have more relevant to me stores here.
    I look forward to retirement one day and maybe the local store choices will improve by then.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I asked at Walmart and that was delayed or stopped. They were going to put in a small neighborhood one in but what they need is a Super Walmart in a place that does not clog the traffic like the existing med size store does ( I hope N of 90). The existing store is pathetic for Crestview's size.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I asked at Walmart and that was delayed or stopped. They were going to put in a small neighborhood one in but what they need is a Super Walmart in a place that does not clog the traffic like the existing med size store does ( I hope N of 90). The existing store is pathetic for Crestview's size.

About right, I just saw the sign the other day going to EFCU. I'm always behind the power curve, thanks for the new info.

Top Bottom