• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigC

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It’s getting time to invest in a new gun belt as my old on is word out. I am not much into leather as the style clothes and what not don’t go with that. But other then that what’s your opinion on the best edc belt for the money?

I have been thinking about going with something with the cobra buckle but idk if that’s just too tacticool for me and too much of a pain

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I use the Volund Gearworks g-hook belt for my main edc. It's low profile and rigid enough. I looked at the ones with the cobra style buckles and, IMO, it's just too tactical. 5.11 makes a decent one with the metal buckle, the plastic one is junk.
    SOE gear is another good one.

http://store.volundgearworks.com/in...k-coyote-brown-ranger-green-black-buckle.html

https://www.originalsoegear.com/collections/belts

http://www.511tactical.com/trainer-belt-1-12-wide.html

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I use and reccomend the 511 brand.
    Plenty of color and legnth options. Just stiff enough not to fold or twist.
    Remember . . . the "proper" belt could be used as a survival tool or a defensive/offensive weapon. --- SAWMAN

BigC

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I current am using the 511 with the metal buckle and have been pleased with it so far. Velcro is just shot.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been using one, my first "gun belt", by someone called Gorilla gunbelts or something like that. Its been very beneficial. I've always selected "thick" leather belts, ever since I've started carrying. Never really bought into the idea of a carry belt. But, I finally got tired of tugging on my pants and could literally see my belt had worn a low spot where it was worn down on my carry side. Decided to try it out. Did some looking around, shopped online and said screw it, ordered one. I will never carry on a regular belt again!!!! It makes such a significant difference. It's one of those things you kinda scoff at along the way as others make the suggestions and you kinda think "yea yea, drinking the koolaid"...nah, its real deal. GET A DAMN GUN BELT!! I'm ready to try more/others. I want to try the magpul options, they've never let me down in any other area.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I've been wearing a blue alpha gear hybrid belt. It's heavy nylon with the Cobra buckle but it's got a small female end on the buckle so it fits through just about all of my belt loops without having to take the belt apart to thread it. The buckle is really nice you dint have to worry about extra bet being in the way and it's quick of and on.

With that said, I was wearing an old school Blackhawk nylon/velcro belt before that did pretty much the same thing at 1/4 the cost. It just didn't have the panache the Cobra buckle does.

Top Bottom