DK Firearms

Department Stores Increasing/Enhancing CCW Detection?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Personal privacy is pretty-much dead nowadays, Big Brother is everywhere and no where :behindsofa:

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Personal privacy is pretty-much dead nowadays, Big Brother is everywhere and no where :behindsofa:

Yes it is but there are certain things you can do to protect yourself. For one I don't have any type of TV, Alexa, Xbox etc etc... in use at my house on the internet.

I also have and setup a hardware type firewall security appliance and then at each pc I have either SEP and or SNAC (Norton Products) installed. I buy a 10 use lic every couple of years. Last step is to root and unlock bootloader of our android based phones and disable everything other than the bare min needed.

I am not paranoid this is just one of my hobbies and an aspect of my job.

As for stores spying on you not much you can do there buying online and all but if they get too intrusive I will stop doing business with them.

My major pet peeve's is you buy one thing from a store and from then on you get junk in the mail and emailed to you... I go as far as to call, write and if I get mail I write return to sender and send it back. I also let them know I don't look at it at all. If I want to shop I will find your website and do so. Sending all this crap just makes me not want to be a customer. They always will stop sending the crap.

As for the NRA. Yes I am a lifetime member, but I do not get a single call or anything in the mail. You can OPT OUT pretty easy and they comply with it pretty well.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ken - - -> BULLSHIT !!
    When you walk into a store the detector senses that you are carrying a weapon. This detector sends a signal to the stores security camera. This camera takes multiple pictures of you . . . including closeups.
    These images are run through the stores facial recognition computer and stored on their hard drive. When the store gets a specific request from the NRA,the store sends them all your personal identification info.
    That is why and how you get all that correspondence from the NRA.
    You gotta think "high tech" Ken. --- SAWMAN

tinfoilhat.jpg :noidea:

Attachments

• tinfoilhat.jpg
      tinfoilhat.jpg
      35.6 KB · Views: 172

Don357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe it's the plastic in your Glock. I live in Mobile and have been in some of the same stores, and neither my 1911 nor my BHP set off anything. Lol

garerir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Haha.

I've been to several stores where it went off coming & going but nothing now. Apparently, it may have had something to do with the Christmas season or they were testing their systems for any future need.

Doesn't matter. I just wanted to let our members know what happened (a heads up).

Thanks everyone for all the responses & funny pictures. :)

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good post and discussion. Slightly off tangent, if a store posts a "no weapons" sign, how legally binding is that to us cwp?

There was a lot of discussion on topic in another thread. Legal signage puts you on notice of property owners restrictions. Some membership type stores have no-gun policy in their boiler plate membership agreement while others have a policy of prefer you don't bring them on the premises. What you need to know is the difference between the charges of Trespass and Trespass with a firearm, then make your own decision. The opinions of others will not pay your fine or do your time. I thing most agreed not to conduct business with gun free zone stores.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    This reminds me of a recent trip to the court house. I locked my J-frame in the truck but after passing through the metal detector and entering the elevator I realized I forgot to leave my Leatherman Surge and speed clip, the detector never chimed or nothing, and that Leatherman is more metal than most firearms. I think they need to adjust the sensitivity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garerir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm sure their sensitivity settings do play a big part in this. Thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom