• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3154tm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    hi all, i don't have dental insurance and i'm trying to find an endodontist that doesn't charge an arm and leg for a root canal in a molar. every place i've checked with wants at least $1K plus. does anyone here in the general pensacola area have experience with someone that doesn't charge big bucks? any referrals would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had one root cannel done years ago and it was expensive and went bad. From then on I just have them pull the tooth.

It's cheaper to have it pulled. Unless your overly protective of your looks. Hell I have 19 teeth left at age 59 and can eat anything. I'd rather pay $300 then $1000 and tons of pain.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I know in December escambia had some sort of community dental workshop thing, perhaps research into that and if they are doing another one. From what I heard it was for those without insurance and income based prices.

All of my work was done while enlisted so it was free, but the surgically removed 4 wisdom teeth took a lot less time and agony to get over than the one root canal.
    Like bac3996 says, some people are sensitive of their smile. Luckily I was born ugly so the choice would be easy for me.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You might look into something called "Care Credit". They offer an interest free credit card for medical stuff. Not all endodontists take it, but many do. Because you almost ceartinly won't find anything much cheaper then you have already. And if you did, would you want that doctor? As pointed out above, it's not a risk-free procedure.

Drauka99

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    second the Care Credit, also look to see if there is a dental school over that way. Several I know use the one over here (DeFuniak Springs just off I-10) for their dental work at discounted rates.

Tradewind

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had one a couple months ago, I think it was about $950, sure isn't cheap. Wife had one back in the spring at the same place, it didn't solve the problem so the endo had to go back in a second time, thankfully at no charge.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    You wont get a better deal on this side of the fence. Had one done last year and it was $1000 on the nose. Funny how that works out because every doctor I contacted charged about the same price.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I just asked my daughter who works for the Santa Rosa County Health Dept....she said she isn't sure when the next free clinic will be, and she wasn't sure if they did more than just basic stuff...cavities and extractions. It was just hosted by the SR Health Dept., they were not in charge.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just have a bunch of work done traded some guns and ammo for the dental work, he likes to shoot. Wife just had a couple of root canal done borrow against my truck still paying on it and he was the cheapest we could find was less then 1k just don't use delta dental you will be sorry, Just my 5 cents jj

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Be sure to keep us in the loop on the outcome of the "CHOPPER WORK"?

hi all, i don't have dental insurance and i'm trying to find an endodontist that doesn't charge an arm and leg for a root canal in a molar. every place i've checked with wants at least $1K plus. does anyone here in the general pensacola area have experience with someone that doesn't charge big bucks? any referrals would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    You wont get a better deal on this side of the fence. Had one done last year and it was $1000 on the nose. Funny how that works out because every doctor I contacted charged about the same price.

collusion.....

are they Russians?

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fly to Mexico, get them choppers worked on and have some fun while your there???

A lot of people do it that way now, check it out, do your research?

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Fly to Mexico, get them choppers worked on and have some fun while your there???

A lot of people do it that way now, check it out, do your research?

Yup, they keep cost down by not using Novocain and having the husky guy hold you down during the procedure. In addition, the pretty senoritas rub your................................................................................................feet to keep your mind occupied.

https://www.dentaldepartures.com/dentist/supreme-dental-clinic/

3154tm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    thanks for all the info and advice. looks like there's no good way around it, pay the money and try not to think about it. sure is rough on the ol' guns and ammo budget though.
    thanks again.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Which tooth is it? If its a molar, you're gonna need a crown afterwards, and so that will be even more money. If not a molar, you will still need a permanent filling. Root canal cost only includes a temporary filling. Will the doctor use the one step or two step process? I think the two step is smarter, but obviously more work for the doctor.

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Crossing over in TEXAS would be a little closer?

Check them out there

Yup, they keep cost down by not using Novocain and having the husky guy hold you down during the procedure. In addition, the pretty senoritas rub your................................................................................................feet to keep your mind occupied.

https://www.dentaldepartures.com/dentist/supreme

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A root canaled tooth is only good for about 10 years before it will break off unless you crown it, had a bunch in my day.

I know it's tempting but don't skimp on a dentist, I did for some extractions and experienced the worst pain I've ever had in a medical office. This clown didn't even know where to deaden.

RH

Top Bottom