• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My dad used to shoot trap and reload shotgun shells. I have been toting his reloader around for years and havent reloaded myself on it in probably 30+ years. I was thinking about selling it but I cant seem to be able to see a model number. I know it is a MEC and the charge bar is set up to do AA Trap loads, as my Dad would say but I can't find any other markings...it is a 4 stage (decap/size, prime/charge, partial crimp, full crimp) but that is all I know about it. Used to use Red Dot, AA wads and casings, and 7 1/2 shot.

Pics attached...any thoughts? IMG_0437.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0437.JPG
      IMG_0437.JPG
      42.8 KB · Views: 153

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    looks like an old 600 or Jr.

think I have an old 1 7/8 charge bar for it...rubber bushing is gone. On the end of the charge bar it should have 302 stamped and then under that the load weight..1, 118, 114, etc

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I suspect it is early 70's vintage. Looking at new ones, they seem to run $150-$200, unless I'm looking at a different one. I'll research the 600 and 650Jr and see if I can come up with a good sale/trade value.

I can't seem to find the powder and shot bottles, or the small metal tray that caught the primers. I don't know that anything else would come with it. I do have an extra charge bar, photo attached marked 12 ga. 12 and a faint 5.00 marker...likely a price. IMG_0438.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0438.JPG
      IMG_0438.JPG
      27.1 KB · Views: 137

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Looking at the MEC site it does look like the current 600 Jr

the bottles were probably brittle if powder and shot were left in them. Brownells or Midway probably has them and you can buy them from MEC tray too. The trays may be plastic now, the one on my 9000 is.
    I saw 2 for sale here the other day that may have been one of the others like a 650 since it had a primer feed tray and they were asking $100 each

Top Bottom