• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Not for me and a huge WHY?? But here comes a Glock with a 17 frame and a 19 slide and bbl.
    The 19X will not interest me . . . but possibly for the competition shooters - -> ?? ---- SAWMAN

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I read an article that stated they were trying to make up the loss of the mil contract they lost to Sig. Even at that, I don't see a reason to choose this over a standard g19.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm not sure what's worse, this or the new Springfield 911(P938 clone)...

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Not for me and a huge WHY?? But here comes a Glock with a 17 frame and a 19 slide and bbl.
    The 19X will not interest me . . . but possibly for the competition shooters - -> ?? ---- SAWMAN

I can't see how that would be beneficial for competitive shooters, except maybe in certain IDPA divisions. Typically you would want a longer sight radius, if possible.

I could see it maybe being good for home defense, when you want the extra capacity but don't need the extra sight radius. But like Stagman said, you could accomplish the same thing with a G19 with a G17 mag.

polebarn

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I read an article that stated they were trying to make up the loss of the mil contract they lost to Sig. Even at that, I don't see a reason to choose this over a standard g19.

If they released a Glock with a factory safety....

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Pretty sure this was glocks answer to the "modularity" in the MHS trail. I guess they figured you don't need too submit a full size and a compact when you can instead have *this*.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I naturally carry the "one size bigger mag as my reload for my Glocks. If indeed I do empty my gun and have to do a speed reload the bigger/longer mag is more desirable. ( 32 mag for my 33 and 31 mag for my 32)
    It is easier to get the mag properly seated if you have some extra sticking out. --- SAWMAN

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the tip on the xgrip. I ordered one to try with my Glock 33 since i have some G22 mags.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They are going to release a version with a safety as well. Personally, I would have been more excited about a Model 17 slide with a Model 19 grip frame. Longer barrel length but easy to conceal. The two 19 round magazines are a nice touch as is the color.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They are going to release a version with a safety as well. Personally, I would have been more excited about a Model 17 slide with a Model 19 grip frame. Longer barrel length but easy to conceal. The two 19 round magazines are a nice touch as is the color.

Easy get you a Glock 19 and buy you a longer Lone Wolf Barrel...

I have a Lone Wolf threaded barrel for every one of my glocks they are pretty nice.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I want to see a 19X MOS

I kinda like the little springer since it’s not a Sig, Kimber or Colt. I’d be willing to try it in 9mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Have you ever heard how some of the guys in WWII and beyond carried their 1911's in the Boyt flap style holsters ?? Hammer cocked . . Thumb safety OFF. I have actually talked to some Korean war vets that carried their 1911's in this manner. They stated it was so they could bring their gun into the fight when the Chinese sent their troupes at the entrenched American soldiers. "Faster into the fight". But still safe if you did not pull the trigger . . . right ??
    Guessing . . . they knew their weapon,and understood the mechanics of how the other safetys worked.
    Some years ago I transitioned from 1911's to Glocks. Even now . . . I am comfortable with their design. A Glock always goes bang when you squeeze the trigger. They never go bang if you don't. Simple mechanics. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Comparing the single AR safety to the several different 1911or Glock safetys is also . . ummmm . . "unprofessional". ---- SAWMAN

Top Bottom