Target Sports

how do I post pics from my phone to GCGF website?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    where do I send my pics from my phone so I can post them on the GCGF site?

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Tapatalk makes it easy, I post directly from my phone. I'm the farthest thing from a computer geek so if I can do it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    where do I send my pics from my phone so I can post them on the GCGF site?

Almost certainly you can upload them directly from your phone, unless the file size is prohibitive. What phone operating system do you have, android or Ios?

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you can see this at the bottom of your screen,

click here.JPG

then click in your window, the icon that Ive circled in red. Then you will get a popup window as shown directly below, giving you the option of uploading from your local computer, or from a web address.

insert image.JPG

I just load from my local machine unless the photo I want to upload is indeed already on a webpage somewhere. So click the "my computer" tab, and navigate to the location of the photo on your computer or phone. Obviously, its better if you know where the photo is located before you get started.

The number one problem almost all people have with uploading photos to the GCGF is file size. Here are the file size limits:

file size limits.JPG

All our phone cameras are set to 15 megaziillion pixels, resulting in photos that are way too large for the site limits. Its great for phone marketing, but really nobody really needs 5,000 X 2,500 pixels in their everyday photos. You can reduce the resolution setting on your camera phone for future photos, but if you already have a photo that is too large, you can compress it by simply texting it to yourself (messaging software automatically compresses it), and then resaving the photo out of your messaging app. On a desktop computer, you can use a free program called VuePrint to resize it to a custom size, or rotate, etc, Click here to download Vueprint I've been using this program since it came out in the 90's so its safe.

If your screen does NOT look like that shown above, but instead looks like the screenshot below, you are looking at the mobile version of the site. Simply request the full version by again, clicking the link I've circled, then proceed with the directions above.

full site.JPG

Attachments

• click here.JPG
      click here.JPG
      26.8 KB · Views: 103
    • file size limits.JPG
      file size limits.JPG
      18.4 KB · Views: 106
    • insert image.JPG
      insert image.JPG
      11.9 KB · Views: 103
    • full site.JPG