• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So yesterday I phone order a new TV for my wife from Best Buy. In between ordering and pick up I check with Sam's and see they have the TV for $11.11 cheaper. I print out the page and take it with me to pick up the TV.

Once I get there I show the girl the ad from Sam's and ask for a price match, eleven dollars is eleven dollars. I go to sign for the refund and it's $96. I tell her that's not right, turns out she used the wrong TV for comparison.

She thanked me for being honest and tried to correct the mistake. After a few minutes she says "It's you lucky day, it won't let me change the refund". I protested but she said it's OK. I made sure she wasn't going to have to pay the difference, thanked her and left with a $100 discounted TV.

As I'm loading the TV in my car a young black panhandler came up and asked for money to eat. I said meet me at Taco Bell and I'll buy you lunch.

When I pulled up to T Bell he was outside ON HIS CELL PHONE. Well, I made a promise, told him to order $7-$8 worth of food. So he gets up to the counter and starts asking the lady all sorts of questions about what's in this or that. He finally made his order and it cost me over $13 for his $7-$8 lunch.

In trying to pass my good fortune and holiday spirit forward I have a feeling I was played, but how can you really tell who's in need and who's scamming. I will not be doing that again.

Rick

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep, you were played. We all have been played. But it's getting harder for them to get me. I'm not real smart but I'm trainable.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It’s the thought that counts man and you tried to do good for someone. Tis the season.

Top Bottom