• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I might be an exception but I've had really good luck with armslist. I've often had really good trade offers and have found some really good deals on there. I've also had really good luck selling there, too.

Like it or not, armslist is a lot more well known so there is a much broader user base. I normally list here first for a week or so and then I'll list there after that. I just screen out buyers and sellers and always check serial numbers. Check IDs and make sure to have a properly filled out bill of sale. If I feel uneasy about the person I have no problem walking away from the sale.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My biggest gripe with armslist is seeing a great price on something I want, and then I get a reply that it's already sold.
    Often times something nearly identical will pop up on here the same day, but usually for significantly more. Then I'm just disappointed that I missed out on the great deal, so I have no interest in what seems like an inflated price.

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've had a lot of good luck with armslist. I've come across some excellent deals over the past few years on some hard to find guns. I always deal FTF and deal in cash or trade only. Haven't had as good of luck here but have bought a few things. Rule of thumb is if it sounds too good to be true, it is. Always trust your instincts when buying or selling. It makes my blood boil when a scammer lists something or attempts to buy what I have and wastes my time.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Another oddity that I see is a picture of a firearm that looks like a studio/web picture (not the actual gun for sale). Not sure what everyone else experience is with those listings, but I tend to stay away from them or at least request actual pictures; rarely do I get a reply. I truly think there are good purchases to be made, but you have to do your due diligence and know there are scammers, so protect yourself and all will be fine. Face to Face transacting is the only way to go imo and the deals aren't so good that you can't just buy the gun of your wishes from a ffl/dealer...$20 or $30 on a $500 gun is nothing of significance when you factor in that you will own and operate the gun as long as you want to, or able too. Buying guns sometimes seems like buying airline tickets...people get their panties in wad over small amounts of money (relatively speaking)

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    I'm supposed to buy a gun from a guy off Armslist after work today. I'll let you know how it goes!

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Well, just picked up my gun from my Armslust guy and he was a great guy and deal was smooth. Funny thing was we stood there and chatted about some of the a**holes we've had contact with on Armslist lol

kanaka

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You would think that people would be wise to these scams by now but I guess not or else they wouldn't still be doing it.
    There's a lot of scammers on Florida Gun Trader also. The good thing about that site is there's a little bullseye besides the seller's name. Click on it and it will tell you where the guy's ISP address is.
    A lot of them show up as being overseas when they say they are in Miami.
    I once did a search on "Colt Python" and about 8 showed up. I checked their location and every one of them was a scam.

I remember them. IP was somewhere in Africa.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Saw a shotgun yesterday at a great price. I told the guy I wanted it, told him to send me a phone number and asked what part of town he is in.
    No response. The scammers don't like to be contacted by people in the same town.
    They want you to send them the money and they will ship it............after they get back from deployment.
    I'm sick of those a-holes.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep lots of scammers and lots of overpriced items as well. I understand pricing high because it seems if you prices fair or below, you will get mostly offers half of listed anyway.

So when I see something priced high and I like, I offer fair value, and usually make a deal.

Perusing Pcola Armslist today was a laugh riot. There is someone selling a bunch of rifles and pistols for double that high market value. Good for a chuckle I guess. Check it out for yourself. You cant miss it. You will strolling and stop like what makes this rifle worth more than twice market value.....hmm tasco scope and double mag holder lol. Clicked on see all listings and had a good laugh, good medicine.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I price anything I sell at a fair price and have stopped replying to low ball offers. I've had several forum members that I've done a deal with and believe that they and I were happy with the results. I pretty much only deal with known forum members and stay away from arms list and other such places.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I love the ones that don’t post a price, ask for offers and declare “don’t try to lowball me, I know what this gun is worth!”
    Well, how about posting a price then genius instead of playing games?

JoeCorrado

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, I saw the MAK90 and Daewoo DR200 both at $2,000 each. Someone is really proud of their items. Neither are all that rare and were at one time, undesirable. There was also an FN49 from Luxembourg for $2k and then lowered to $1600. I got a laugh out of that one too. I'm sure there are more but those are what come to mind.

Top Bottom