• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dang, I'm sick of the scammers on Armslist. The last several good deals that I've seen have been scams.
    I was just looking at a shotgun listed as being in Pensacola and was going to buy it.
    I went out on GB to double-check the price and lo and behold, exact same gun with same pics and same description was out there 6 states away.
    Why doesn't Armslist require all sellers to register ? The scammers are always unregistered. Surely there has to be an easy way to trim down the scams.
    I just hope people don't fall for this stuff.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I listed a gun on Armslist one time...that did it for me.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sometimes, and saying sometimes lightly, people post on various boards, locally and abroad, to get a broader audience of what they're trying to sell. I have posted on California C/L, because of what I was selling, which was more popular there. I also posted it locally as well. Some people just do that, and all aren't scammers. But I do agree they should require/mandate a registry requirement.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    How do they scam? Do they try and get you to wire the money or something then meet to get the gun?

I never get that far. When it's listed in Pensacola and I ask them what part of Pensacola and when can we meet, I never get a reply.
    I did get one reply and they said no FTF, shipping only even though they were supposedly in Pensacola.
    So, I assume they will ask you to send them a money order and they will ship the gun which, of course, you will never receive.
    Zero, I don't think that is the case here, since the Armslist price is $500 less than the buy-it-now price on GB.

pcolagunner

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    I never get that far. When it's listed in Pensacola and I ask them what part of Pensacola and when can we meet, I never get a reply.
    I did get one reply and they said no FTF, shipping only even though they were supposedly in Pensacola.
    So, I assume they will ask you to send them a money order and they will ship the gun which, of course, you will never receive.
    Zero, I don't think that is the case here, since the Armslist price is $500 less than the buy-it-now price on GB.

Ah ok was just wondering if you got approached to send money. I've bought and sold a few items on Armslist with no issues. I HAVE had flakes that get right to the point of the deal where we are agreeing on where to meet and they just disappear.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I created a new email account just for listing things for sale on Armslist and Craigslist. My name isn't attached to it, so I don't feel bad telling scammers and lowballers to buzz off in colorful ways.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Have them to mail you USPMO in $500 increments. lol. They usually offer 1st tho. Was at the PO one time and a woman was in there wanting to cash 5 $500 USPMO's. The PM told her to take them to her bank, and could not say either way if they were fake, lol. She said some poor guy she did not know, sent them to her and asked that she send him $1k in gift cards, and she could keep the other $1k for her inconvenience. Said he was here on a educational type visa, but got robbed with his ID. His rich parents sent him $2k in USPMO but he could not cash them w/o his ID. This woman actually said she did send the $1k in Visa Gift Card to him. And she was seriously talking with heart-felt (hers) concern for this poor guy. LMAO. When she held it up in the light, there was no strip in it. I asked if it ever occurred to her that it was a scam, but she defended this guy, saying he wouldn't do that. And was elated she was getting $1k free. I told her g/l on getting your money. lol

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Had one hit me on the boat i am tryin to sell, you can usually tell by area code and the way they text. I texted back , Sorry But a disabled vet already said he would buy it and send me 1500.00 extra if i would give it to the movers he will send to pick it up.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    You would think that people would be wise to these scams by now but I guess not or else they wouldn't still be doing it.
    There's a lot of scammers on Florida Gun Trader also. The good thing about that site is there's a little bullseye besides the seller's name. Click on it and it will tell you where the guy's ISP address is.
    A lot of them show up as being overseas when they say they are in Miami.
    I once did a search on "Colt Python" and about 8 showed up. I checked their location and every one of them was a scam.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I never use Armslist and probably never would!!! It's Probably as bad as Craigslist.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Yes, but you never know, The Nigerian Prince who got banished said with one more payment, I should be getting his money out of the country for him, and I get half. He is a real nice guy, poor fella got caught with a white girl and the King banished him.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Okay, smack away but I've had more luck selling on Armslist than GCGF. Most likely because of a larger audience.

Last edited:

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've bought 3 guns off armslist though 2 of them were from dealers. The one private sale was a face to face meeting in a public place, cash transaction and all went very well...have had a few not go through...one interestingly was an ffl listed with previous transactions who listed a S&W 629 special series as "NIB" and there were clear cylinder scores present...never got a reply...that one, due to the ffl status etc...bothered me as the gun and maybe seller? was clearly mis-representing the firearm.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Have them to mail you USPMO in $500 increments. lol. They usually offer 1st tho. Was at the PO one time and a woman was in there wanting to cash 5 $500 USPMO's. The PM told her to take them to her bank, and could not say either way if they were fake, lol. She said some poor guy she did not know, sent them to her and asked that she send him $1k in gift cards, and she could keep the other $1k for her inconvenience. Said he was here on a educational type visa, but got robbed with his ID. His rich parents sent him $2k in USPMO but he could not cash them w/o his ID. This woman actually said she did send the $1k in Visa Gift Card to him. And she was seriously talking with heart-felt (hers) concern for this poor guy. LMAO. When she held it up in the light, there was no strip in it. I asked if it ever occurred to her that it was a scam, but she defended this guy, saying he wouldn't do that. And was elated she was getting $1k free. I told her g/l on getting your money. lol

you just can't fix stupid..

here's your sign....

Top Bottom