• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    WASRs get a bad rap but the recent ones I have seen are nice compared to the old. I am sure there are still lemons out there but CAI seems to have come a long way in certain ways.
    Its an awesome rifle for the folks just curious about AKs and don't want to break the bank ie 550 free ship is pretty good for any gun these days. Though considered entry level by some, those Romy WASRs will run forever, and put up with some real punishment.

I have a Romy SAR1 which is nothing more than a WASR with mag dimples and have put over 4k thru her and have not had one single malfunction. Not even one. I have not tortured it or anything just recreational shooting and occasional cleaning and the Romy just runs and runs. Sounds like a can of marbles when dry cycled compared to a 1k Arsenal but in a post apocalyptic world I think I would reach for my Romy over others.

Thanks for the post. They were not going to last long at that price, hope some forum members "pulled the trigger" on buying one. Cheers.

Top Bottom