• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Should have handed out KY Jelly at the front door.
    * Mossberg Shockwave 20ga. $400.00
    * Aguila Mini Shells. 7.5 shot or buckshot. $24.00
    * MagPul Pmag 308 5shot $40.00
    There was another older guy that came in after me. We left at the same time. We both agreed . . B&B is a serious ripoff. Great place to go for the uninformed buyer. --- SAWMAN

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They sound like they are still trying to get democrat prices, maybe you should of told them Trump won.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    You can look at it like its just another tool in you toolbox, its there if you need to use it.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah . . . your right. The old man tried to out and out bullshit me some years ago. He remembers it every time he sees me.
    BTW . . . their prices on scope rings and bases are super high also.
    I really do not see how they stay in buisness. --- SAWMAN

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    People still shop at B&B?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've only been in a few times, ordered a holster through them. Staff I dealt with were OK, older guy handed us off to a younger guy and he seemed more nervous than anything.
    They did not have much of a selection, and it's been ... 4 years since I've been in there so I don't remember the pricing.
    Tell the truth - I forgot / forget they are there until we go to the gun show and it's like ... oh yeah.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    The only time I get over to that area is when there’s a gun show.
    I was in there last year and noticed a used S&W 36 was about $300 higher than it should have been. I asked about it and the guy said it was made in 1956.
    I told him I don’t think so. That box is from the 70s.
    He said I was wrong. The guy was thinking the copyright date on the box was the manufacture date of the gun.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You have to figure some of these Business that people own are just a hobby. I remember back in the day when I did alot of Scuba Diving and Skydiving I do believe Sgt Mooneyham (Spelling?) (Pensacola Police) and his wife owned Divers Den in Pensacola. They always said this is not a business to live off of it's a hobby. They finally sold it off to a friend of mine Dan Maney but the Scuba craze kinda dropped off after a while and most of the shops are closed now.

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You have to figure some of these Business that people own are just a hobby. I remember back in the day when I did alot of Scuba Diving and Skydiving I do believe Sgt Mooneyham (Spelling?) (Pensacola Police) and his wife owned Divers Den in Pensacola. They always said this is not a business to live off of it's a hobby. They finally sold it off to a friend of mine Dan Maney but the Scuba craze kinda dropped off after a while and most of the shops are closed now.

They are good folks, but there were too many "hangers on" at that shop who didn't have the best interests of the shop in mind.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    The worst thing a business owner can do is have his friends hanging around his shop.

amd65

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have had very positive experiences at Buck and Bass. The staff have always been helpful and have showed interest in my needs. They have a history (with me at least) of excellent follow-up and communications skills.

My philosophy has always been: If I don't like something: prices, availability, location, the staff etc I simply shop somewhere else. I don't see the need to be disrespectful to anyone or any business. If I get poor food and or service at a restaurant, I just don't go back. Not going back is a very powerful statement. This is the way I elect to critique the business.

bsmallz01

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    For what it is worth here is my experiences and thoughts. I live not too far away from there and have shopped there from time to time. More often than not I find their inventory limited prices high and business model very dated. What I appreciate about them is they are close by and not as crowded as Walmart. They do have at least one knowledgeable employee. I would rather give my money to a local business than Wally World and they do have a better selection of sporting goods. So, I guess I would ask you would you prefer another vape shop or pay day advance shop in their place? At least they are another option that might have something you need like ammo on your way to the range or a lure on the way to the river. I can promise you that any outdoor store is better than most of the other possibilities.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I doubt he's still there but the old guy that did gunsmithing in the back was pretty knowledgeable, but he did charge me $8 for a screw once, once.

RH

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I doubt he's still there but the old guy that did gunsmithing in the back was pretty knowledgeable, but he did charge me $8 for a screw once, once.

RH

Sounds to me like he "screwed" you!

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As for local places, they need to develop websites and start selling nationally or they’re going to have a hard time staying In Business

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I never knew his name but I did know a Dale that worked up front, he was big into jap military stuff. Used to hang with us at Ubers years ago.

RH

he is a older short little guy...

Anthony, a young USMC reservist, used to work there, have not seen him in a while, Ronnie, the other young guy is nice, and pretty good..

Rick is the owner

Top Bottom