• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drewmorros8

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone local doing this? Really don’t want to have to wait for a 8 week turnaround. Recommendations appreciated!!!

Thanks,
    Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nobody I would trust has a faster turnaround time and even for the free cut deal they were running I wouldn't let PTac touch my slide.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nobody I would trust has a faster turnaround time and even for the free cut deal they were running I wouldn't let PTac touch my slide.

They wanted like 6 weeks to put that rail on, that you did for me overnight.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No personal experience, but this guy has a great reputation and has been in business for a long time.
    https://www.landmprecisiongunworks.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ^^^This, I know Mark the owner, we used to work at the same company. He's done 7 slides for me and I've probably had 150-200 of his slides in classes on student guns.

For full disclosure I also give him a free page on the forum I'm part owner of, but I have never gotten free work.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I pretty sure the Mark that Don is referring to is the fellow that did mine for an RMR a few years ago. You did not specify what machining you wanted done. For RMR work it should be sent to someone that is set up to do that work and has done it for the type of slide in question. There is someone locally to me just outside of Pensacola that can literally do anything, but he is not cheap. When I spoke to him some years ago when I had my glock done by mark he was impressed with Mark's work and thought the $200 I paid was not expensive. Thing is to do it from scratch is expensive, but that after the R&D has been done is much easier and the program entered for doing that particular slide. What I am talking was done for a business in Arizona where people tend leave very angry at the man that runs it. Mark is currently not there any longer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom