• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Does that include shipping,transfer fees, call in,tax,etc,etc. --- SAWMAN

Of course not, but on the particular site I viewed (just one of many examples available) shipping is just $7.99, tax is applied only to TX deliveries, and I'll bet most of us already know where to get the best transfer rates. I don't know what the "etc., etc." is or what it adds to the cost, but as I said, YMMV. I'm not opposed to buying used, have happily done so many, many times. I'm just saying that with some of the high used prices being asked, it seems more logical in some cases, at least to me, to just buy new. Just expressing my personal opinion here.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Absolutely. I always "shop". I am after the best deal. I will (as always) give the smaller dealers a chance. However . . bottom line . . it's about the money/value. --- SAWMAN

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Absolutely. I always "shop". I am after the best deal. I will (as always) give the smaller dealers a chance. However . . bottom line . . it's about the money/value. --- SAWMAN

Agreed. It's about getting the best value.

ewgannaway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Pricing for anything is based on what the market will bear which in turn is determined by what a potential buyer is willing to pay. To a person who views a Glock as an artistic canvas, the options available are worth the price. If a potential buyer views improved functionality as the desired end state, some trigger polishing and lighter trigger pull modifications are the only things that add value. Having said all of that, locally I see used Glocks going for between 400 - 600 depending on the model and the seller (individual or retail vendor/pawn shop). Like a used or new car, what is the buyer willing to pay.

Some local retail vendors/pawn shops thing they have God's own concealed carry hardware and price it as if the Pope makes regular purchases as their establishment and will be in any day to snatch it up. I try to buy local and will pay a bit more than what I can find online. I like to window shop and having a place to put my meat hooks on a piece of hardware is worth paying a little bit more if it keeps the playground open. However, if the local vs. total on line price is way out of sync, online gets my money. I recently developed an interest in a Sig P220 Scorpion. I found a used one locally for $900 before tax and background. The vendor woudln't budge on price. It didn't take much to find a brand new one online for $750 including tax, tag, and title. Guess who got my money and who still has the used one in the display case.

cmtoef11b

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pricing for anything is based on what the market will bear which in turn is determined by what a potential buyer is willing to pay. To a person who views a Glock as an artistic canvas, the options available are worth the price. If a potential buyer views improved functionality as the desired end state, some trigger polishing and lighter trigger pull modifications are the only things that add value. Having said all of that, locally I see used Glocks going for between 400 - 600 depending on the model and the seller (individual or retail vendor/pawn shop). Like a used or new car, what is the buyer willing to pay.

Some local retail vendors/pawn shops thing they have God's own concealed carry hardware and price it as if the Pope makes regular purchases as their establishment and will be in any day to snatch it up. I try to buy local and will pay a bit more than what I can find online. I like to window shop and having a place to put my meat hooks on a piece of hardware is worth paying a little bit more if it keeps the playground open. However, if the local vs. total on line price is way out of sync, online gets my money. I recently developed an interest in a Sig P220 Scorpion. I found a used one locally for $900 before tax and background. The vendor woudln't budge on price. It didn't take much to find a brand new one online for $750 including tax, tag, and title. Guess who got my money and who still has the used one in the display case.

Sooooo True .... thanks for the laugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom