• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hi all, I am a Glock fan. Not a fanboy per say, but a Glock fan none the less and have owned several models over the years.

Where do you guys value these things? I have friends out west that say anything over 500 is a rip, have some friends just a bit north that say any Glock for 500 will sell within an hour. Here around the panhandle I have seen them everywhere. I did manage to sell a couple for 500-525 but were bought new by me and truly had about 50 9mm rounds thur each, and had trijicon sights on both. One was a gen3 and the other a gen4.

Not gonna plunge into the Gen5 just yet. I can blue label at Jimmy's and like the Gen4 Glocks better than the 5 still.

But anyway, why are some Glocks with minimal upgrades going for north of 900? Is a Zev trigger, cerakote and stipppling that worth it? Like I said I am just asking cause I do not know. I am not a Glock fan enough to pay that much money for one. Id rather start stock and upgrade to my likes. Even If I would race gun it. Installing the trigger, sights, magwell, barrel fitting, even simple stippling and refinish are things I would do myself. I priced out parts to race gun a G19 and after gutting the internals, adding the above I was still in the 6-700 threshold. And that was with pretty much every part replaced with race gun parts, but the work done myself.

So I get it when a souped up Glock is going for 6-700 based on upgrades. But is there really a 1200 dollar Glock? Even the custom builder built Glocks do not seem to go that high and theirs look like works of art. Around here someone spray cans the slide and frame, puts a zev trigger and ask over 1k for it. Whether they are getting that I do not know.

Anyway just wondering why the Glock market here seems so high, and if you guys would consider buying a Glock for over 1k. Not insulting anyway, everyone pays for what they see value in. I surely have overpaid for items just because I wanted it.

I also understand people tend to price high to leave room to haggle. But sometimes its like whoa man that is a super high starting price.

Anyhow just wondering, not intending to start a market value, and demographic, and poly vs steel, caliber etc etc war, just a simple question. Would anyone here pay over 1k for a Glock?

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I think it really depends on the seller and what they paid for it and their perceived value. You have a few types of buyers... Some that'll go into your gander/Bass pro/ Jay's and buy their prices which is usually 100 to 200 over what you can get from a pawn shop new or places like Mike's and Gulf coast.

Then you have the people that buy stuff the upgrades without watching the price and catching things on sale. Also you have really high end parts that cost more or less depending on a lot.

As far as the 1200 Glocks you can easily get it up there quick depending on trigger, custom barrels, custom slides for red dots and the red dot itself.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I hated Glocks FOREVER and just in the past couple years started getting into them for the simplicity and reliability, I now own 3 and I am sure I will buy more but other than night sights on one they are all bare bone stock. I do not bad mouth those that want to customize their Glocks but my thought process is this, the folks at Glock are MUCH more knowledgeable than I am, and they have created a fine weapon, and I am not going to mess with perfection. Have you ever seen a 1966 Shelby 427 super snake modified ??????? Nope and you never will because it is PERFECT, you mod a Mustang GT not a "66" Shelby.

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I hated Glocks FOREVER and just in the past couple years started getting into them for the simplicity and reliability, I now own 3 and I am sure I will buy more but other than night sights on one they are all bare bone stock. I do not bad mouth those that want to customize their Glocks but my thought process is this, the folks at Glock are MUCH more knowledgeable than I am, and they have created a fine weapon, and I am not going to mess with perfection. Have you ever seen a 1966 Shelby 427 super snake modified ??????? Nope and you never will because it is PERFECT, you mod a Mustang GT not a "66" Shelby.
    I'm no expert but I'd certainly compare glocks to the Honda Civic or guns. There are a lot of guns that have a much better feel and trigger. With a Glock you just get reliability with no frills or bullshit. It just works.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    You have to understand what I mean when I say perfect, I have two MINT Browning Hi-Powers 1978 and 1979 that are safe queens, much better shooters, but what will I grab when the SHTF ????? I will throw those Hi-Powers in the trash and reach for my Glocks, they will do center mass, and go bang no matter what, will they hit a dime at 50 yards ? Probably not, that is what my long gun is for, but in a combat situation they are perfect.

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ve bought 3 glocks for $1000 and change. That all three. Slightly used and mostly stock which is good for me. Wasn’t a Glock fan either until I shot one! Then I got some.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh I am certainly a Glock fan without a doubt, but I am also a minimalist. A G19 after I put night sights, extended slide stop and a Glock plug is perfect for my needs.

I understand you can race gun a Glock but man some folks asking over 1.2k for theirs are reaching into high end or custom pistol prices. Out of the box they make great SD or carry guns. Triggers are adequate, never like to have a shaky person behind a light trigger. With mods for competition, I get that purpose too. I guess the value is in if a guy really wants it.

I carry a Makarov as my CCW. I found it to be stupidly reliable, small enough to conceal well and 8 shots should be enough for me to get out of the majority of sticky situations while the boys in blue show. It cost me $300 after shipping and transfer fee. I would not sell my little Mak for twice that. Some folks I am sure feel the same about their Glocks, HKs, 1911s etc.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've paid as much as $535 for a new glock and as little as $275 for a used one. Most if not all of those fancy parts are like lipstick on a pig. Glock is a great tool, nothing more and nothing more.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    This might be a bit off topic, so please forgive me. I've never been a Glock fan...not a hater either. I respected their reputation but just preferred other guns. That changed somewhat since I started playing with the Polymer 80, 80% Glock-like frames. After I built/completed 4 80% guns in 9mm & .40, I ended up buying a Glock 24C and a Glock 41. As for prices, I buy most of my guns online, some from gunbroker and others from various other sites like Buds, etc. I do like to support local businesses, but the shops around me are just too high. Jay's in Pensacola has a great selection, but they are usually high, and usually amazingly unfriendly, at least in my experience. In doing my Glock research, I was surprised to see some of the race guns / components available for Glocks, and found some of the prices even more surprising.

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep agreed. That seems to be the trend in the local gun shops. Most are just priced way too high. It is cheaper to order online and pay the transfer fee, than buy at a LGS, tax and fee. Seems they like to keep the market value high when somewhere in the chain it has plunged and to match prices would probably be at cost or below for some maybe.

I love Glocks, I tend to think they are just a little bit over rated in reliability terms but for the most part their performance speaks for themselves. I would not say "perfection" but close, and a damn fine combat pistol. Gen4 I feel was the pinnacle of their series as they were able to slim the thickness, change the recoil spring design, and a couple of other improvements. Besides the brass to the face issues the G19G4 was having at the beginning, I have heard nothing but great things.

I still own a Gen3 G17 that may or may not sell someday. It was my first Glock bough NIB and is the only one I have left. Looked at the Zev stuff but I am not a competition shooter by any means and all that fancy stuff would be wasted on me and what I use mine for. I was hoping for a slight redesign of the magazines to accommodate 2 more rounds flush fitting like the XDM does. For the same size and even smaller if you get the 3.8 barrel, you get 19+1 out of a nice striker fired pistol comparable to the Glock. In some ways better, in some worse. My biggest gripe on the XDM is the beaver tail safety which I know some people do not mind, but its just another place for debris to enter a gun IMO.

dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I sold my last glock on GCGF for $425 and it took 2 weeks to sell, but I still own 3 and will probobly sell them one day for under $500. Just alot easier to move at that price.

Woogie Bear

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I carry a Makarov as my CCW. I found it to be stupidly reliable, small enough to conceal well and 8 shots should be enough for me to get out of the majority of sticky situations while the boys in blue show. It cost me $300 after shipping and transfer fee. I would not sell my little Mak for twice that. Some folks I am sure feel the same about their Glocks, HKs, 1911s etc.

I carry a Mak as well and totally agree with you. I suits me just fine as a CCW and have never had any issues with it. It had some rust and light pitting on the slide but I paid $500 for 2 Makarovs, 2 mags each, holsters and 100 rounds of ammo. One of my best purchases. The only things I had done to it was buff out all the rough edges and changed out the grip with a FabDefense upgrade. Changed it from a bottom mag release nub to a thumb release. Now I can't imagine having anything else.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, I've been on the lookout for a Glock 22. I aint gonna pay full retail for a used one. You wouldn't think it wouldn't be that hard to find. I don't get it with police trade ins. I'll wait until one that's resonably priced comes along.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I wait till Dan buys them then sells for under cost 2 week later For a stock Glock I will not give over $425 add 50 for night sights..If it is something I really want I might pay $25 more

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    People are certainly free to ask whatever they want for their used Glocks, but from what I've seen, many seem too high considering that I just looked at an online offering for new G17 Gen 3 @ $449 and G22 Gen 3 @ $474. Unless someones just wants guns "off paper," (which is fine) it seems to me there is little if any advantage to buying used...JMO, YMMV :)

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Does that include shipping,transfer fees, call in,tax,etc,etc. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom