1   0   0
    Item:
    Shockwave Conversion Kit

Contact Info:
    PM or Post

Price:
    $245.00 obo

Item Description:
    NO WAITING, Won't get Lost in the mail or Stolen off your porch. Will make an Excellent Christmas Gift to yourself, Son/Daughter or even your Wife/GF.
    Everything is included in this Unopened Box, to LEGALLY convert your Mossberg 500 or 590 into a Legal Non-NFA 14" 12 ga Shotgun. No Tax Stamp required.
    The Shockwave Raptor Birdhead Grip is also included, and was a separate purchase, as the hand grip is not an included item with the kit.
    So, Everything is Here for the complete Conversion using your Receiver.
    New Kit Retail: Cheapest I've seen is 215.00 (I paid $245 + s/h).
    New Raptor Grip Retail: $25.95 + $4.95 s/h.
    Only reason I am selling this is to fund a Rock Chucker Supreme Reloading Kit.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Does it come with 14” barrel or do you have to cut down a 18”? Also, is there a requirement to register a shotgun with the atf before doing this conversion?

Last edited:

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Does it come with 14” barrel or do you have to cut down a 18”? Also, is there a requirement to register a shotgun with the atf before doing this conversion?

It is an All inclusive kit. Contains everything except your receiver. Yes, the 14" barrel is included, no need in cutting your barrel.
    This Conversion Requires NO TAX STAMP, so there is No Requirement to "Register" it.

It is Not considered a SBS (short-barrel shotgun), nor is it classified as a AOW (All Other Weapon) under ATF definitions. So it is Legal to convert your PGO Mossberg 500/590.
    It has an overall length of 26.5" which makes it legal.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Please forgive me but . . . are you sure that the conversion that you described is LEGAL ??
    Where did you read that this is legal ?? I know that Remington and Mossberg submitted their drawing to ATF for approval. It was approved as described and the gun submitted was approved. These are approved for sale from the factory.
    I am just wondering about the "build your own" thing. Especially since the receiver that you use was once attached to a longer bbl. It left the factory that way.
    Not trying to be negative about your sale. Just trying to keep us all legal out there. Do you have a reference to it being legal ?? ---- SAWMAN

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Please forgive me but . . . are you sure that the conversion that you described is LEGAL ??
    Where did you read that this is legal ?? I know that Remington and Mossberg submitted their drawing to ATF for approval. It was approved as described and the gun submitted was approved. These are approved for sale from the factory.
    I am just wondering about the "build your own" thing. Especially since the receiver that you use was once attached to a longer bbl. It left the factory that way.
    Not trying to be negative about your sale. Just trying to keep us all legal out there. Do you have a reference to it being legal ?? ---- SAWMAN

IT is ALL Legal. There are Numerous ATF Letters saying so. Just Google it. You have to start with a PGO receiver, which is stated in post #3.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ummmm Interesting... I just bought the 20 Gauge Shockwave and was just at the store and was gonna buy the 12 Gauge one also but they did not have one.

Buy another shockwave or convert the 500 I have now??? Decisions Decisions

I would not mess with my 590A1 Tactical. I like it as is with the ghost ring sights and all.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    This is the exact kit used to make mine, and it came out YEARS before Remington and Mossberg got their bright idea, which is somehow seen as revolutionary.
    It’s nothing new...
    The only caveat is that it may only be installed on a PGO firearm that never ever had a stock.
    GLWS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Ummmm Interesting... I just bought the 20 Gauge Shockwave and was just at the store and was gonna buy the 12 Gauge one also but they did not have one.

Buy another shockwave or convert the 500 I have now??? Decisions Decisions

I would not mess with my 590A1 Tactical. I like it as is with the ghost ring sights and all.

Your decision is easy. If your current 500 didn't leave the factory as a PGO (pistol grip only) weapon, and you don't own another compatible weapon, then do NOT buy this kit. You could be entering that ridiculous gray area of "constructive intent", similar to someone who only owns factory "rifle" AR lowers, buying a short-barreled upper, regardless if they own a pistol "brace" (since a rifle can never be a pistol; only an SBR with a stamp).

Zeroed: you should really edit/clarify your original post (#1). This kit can only be sold to someone who already owns a FACTORY-Born PGO weapon, otherwise, it's a severe criminal penalty, under current BS laws.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Your decision is easy. If your current 500 didn't leave the factory as a PGO (pistol grip only) weapon, and you don't own another compatible weapon, then do NOT buy this kit. You could be entering that ridiculous gray area of "constructive intent", similar to someone who only owns factory "rifle" AR lowers, buying a short-barreled upper, regardless if they own a pistol "brace" (since a rifle can never be a pistol; only an SBR with a stamp).

Zeroed: you should really edit/clarify your original post (#1). This kit can only be sold to someone who already owns a FACTORY-Born PGO weapon, otherwise, it's a severe criminal penalty, under current BS laws.

Yea I figured that. I am just gonna buy another shockwave. I can get them pretty cheap anyway.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Back in the Day we had jailhouse attorney's, now we have internet attorney's. :lol:
    No, your statement is Not Correct. I own it, and I do not "already own a FACTORY-BORN PGO weapon". So Why can't I "own" it and What's my severe penalty? I don't even own, have or possess a mossberg 12ga shotgun either.
    Maybe what you meant to say is "IF" you have a Mossberg 12ga Shotgun, you might could get into trouble having the conversion together with it? I'm sure that's what you meant. :welcome:
    But I plan on buying a pgo 590 one-day so I can do the conversion. Unless I sell this conversion first. Rather have the Rock Chucker at the moment tho. ;)

What's to edit/clarify? To say DO NOT listen to the internet lawyers, but to read the BATF letters and the Definitions of BATF and NFA on SBS and AOW's for themselves, so they Know it's legal to have, possess, and shoot? :yawn:
    Okay, ya'll should do that Before considering buying a conversion kit or even buying the complete 14" shockwave, so you will know what's legal or not and if or when approached by a LEO, you can whip out a copy of the 'ole BATF Letter stating your 14" 12 ga is Legal.

Okay I'll try to further clarify, here goes,
    If you have a PGO (pistol grip only) 500/590 for home defense, or plan on buying one, but feel it (OAL) may still be too long for your liking, or could hinder you in some way, or just want a 14" 12ga., then you can use this kit to convert it to the 14" shorty, Legally and without a Tax Stamp. You can shoot it, tote it in the woods, the range, or wherever you can legally openly carry/exhibit/shoot a firearm w/o fear of violating any Federal Laws in it's 14" barrel configuration. You can simply convert it back to it's original configuration, Legally, whenever you want.
    When converted, IT IS NOT a Short-Barrel Shotgun (SBS) as defined by BATF or as regulated under the NFA. Hell, it isn't even classified as a Shotgun. A PGO 12ga is not classified as a Shotgun either. So it's kinda hard to convert a pgo 12ga into a SBS when it wasn't a shotgun to start with, unless you add a shoulder stock to it with the 14" barrel. Putting/Adding/Attaching a shoulder stock with the 14" barrel is a Federal violation. So Do Not Do It.
    The shockwave/14" shorty conversion isn't defined nor classified as a AOW either, converted or not.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    ...Everything is included in this Unopened Box, to LEGALLY convert your Mossberg 500 or 590 into a Legal Non-NFA 14" 12 ga Shotgun. No Tax Stamp required.

Your original ad made erroneous claims. See the verbatim quote above. An unaware buyer might think their shotgun was good to go, and never ask you about any PGO prerequisites. Would you have screened each potential buyer by asking them if they owned a PGO 500/590? Your ad makes it sound like all they need is a shotgun.

You had multiple people ask for clarifications. I merely pointed out how what would be a perfectly legal sale for you, could be very illegal for the buyer. You want to mince wording in my post to deflect scrutiny of yours, whatever dude. I was just trying to help out.

YOU are the one playing lawyer with your "well you need to go read BATF letters before you buy my stuff" disclaimers. Of course the rule is always "Buyer Beware", but on a friendly forum like this one, most of us appreciate if the seller isn't vague and evasive.

Merry Christmas.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Your original ad made erroneous claims. See the verbatim quote above. An unaware buyer might think their shotgun was good to go, and never ask you about any PGO prerequisites. Would you have screened each potential buyer by asking them if they owned a PGO 500/590? Your ad makes it sound like all they need is a shotgun.

You had multiple people ask for clarifications. I merely pointed out how what would be a perfectly legal sale for you, could be very illegal for the buyer. You want to mince wording in my post to deflect scrutiny of yours, whatever dude. I was just trying to help out.

YOU are the one playing lawyer with your "well you need to go read BATF letters before you buy my stuff" disclaimers. Of course the rule is always "Buyer Beware", but on a friendly forum like this one, most of us appreciate if the seller isn't vague and evasive.

Merry Christmas.

Seriously? After all your BULLSHIT of DO NOT BUY, there's Severe Penalties etc if you do.... No, what you need to do is to Research your Information Before you Post Your BS about what You Don't Know.
    And NO, You SAID It Is a Severe Penalty, NOT There "COULD BE". Maybe you should Practice what you Preach, DUDE. And If It's OKAY for Me to Have it, Then Why Isn't Okay for Someone to Buy It? Please Tell Me!!!!

You are Nothing But a Forum Attorney, repeating what you "Read" from some other Ill-Informed Internet Attorney.

Post #3 says PGO. And There Is No Way I would sell this to anyone without advising not to add a shoulder stock to it.

Vague and Evasive? :rofl: LMFAO apparently you either can't read or you skip sentences or whole posts?

I can Read and Possess enough Common Sense to Comprehend What I have read. Doesn't take an attorney to do that. Lmao again.. Nor do I take advise from internet attorneys such as yourself.

Next time, when you want to "try to help out", Don't. Or at least do it with something you actually Know what you are talking about.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This item is Legal to Own, Possess and to convert your pistol grip Mossberg 500/590 legally, Regardless of what the Wanna-Be Know it All Forum Attorney (Snake-Eyes) posted. He is 100% WRONG...

Christmas gift bump. Will consider trades which include the Supreme Rock Chucker Press IV plus $$ or additional reloading supplies.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    This item is Legal to Own, Possess and to convert your pistol grip Mossberg 500/590 legally

Sounds like something a "Wanna-Be Know it All Forum Attorney" would say...
    Of course, what do I know.

Merry Christmas, everybody!

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom