Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Consider this. - - -> If this gun will be for hunting the deer/hog sized animals,IMO there is nothing better. This chambering is the perfect "in between". It puts out adaquate power and is "mild" enough in the recoil department for the quicker follow up shots. With 44 mags and the like you get into the laws of deminishing returns kinda thing.
    Also for hunting,seems to me that mag cap should be considered also. (Think Glock 20) (I could tell you some stories but you probably would not believe them anyway.) Plus,in a 10mm an extra inch or two of bbl will help the perfornnance of that 180gr+ load.
    If not hunting with the 10mm you cannot find any practice loads that are mild enough. IOW . . . 40S&W loads. You could buy an extra bbl for the gun I suppose. But . . . . where's the fun in that.
    Also there is the thing of availability of 10mm ammo. AND . . . the price.
    Me . . ? . . I probably would not own a 10mm if I did not hunt with it or choose to carry it concealed. Simply . . . too much gun. ---- SAWMAN

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Unless you reload, I wouldn’t bother.
    Finding properly loaded 10mm is tough.
    Sure, you can mail order, but is it really worth it? I’m not so sure. Not unless you hunt with it or have some other special purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I like the idea of the 6", but the "rail" kills it for me. I'm not a fan of hanging stuff on my pistols.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll more than likely get one. The TRP is a great buy in the price range and I like 10mm.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm a big fan of Springfield products and as such, if I were in the market for a 10mm...this one would likely be on my short list. I am not, however, in the market for a 10mm and I own a .44mag pistol for hunting so my needs are met, for now! Still, this is a fine looking pistol from a good manufacturer/brand! Springfield has obviously adopted a "new product introduction model" to grow their business and all of us gun enthusiasts will be the beneficiaries of their entrepreneurial efforts for sure!

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm a big fan of Springfield products and as such, if I were in the market for a 10mm...this one would likely be on my short list. I am not, however, in the market for a 10mm and I own a .44mag pistol for hunting so my needs are met, for now! Still, this is a fine looking pistol from a good manufacturer/brand! Springfield has obviously adopted a "new product introduction model" to grow their business and all of us gun enthusiasts will be the beneficiaries of their entrepreneurial efforts for sure!

What are these needs you speak of?? I don't need most of the stuff I have, but I want it. :eyebrows:

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes...needs vs. wants. When it comes to guns, I neeeeed lots of things, but you are correct; I really just want them! Very perceptive! I was taught needs are food, shelter and clothing. So I guess, 99% of what I have is really what I want. So, at this time, I do not want a handgun for hunting. I have a good one and I don't hunt much anymore. A 10mm is not a chambering that I have an interest in, but the Springfield brand is a fine one.

Top Bottom