• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    well the world has not ended, so I guess all the panic was for nothing...again, just like climate change is a false science

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Here's all I need to know about Net Neutrality. Obama started it. It's supported by the same gang of thugs who support Obama Care, and who say that "man made global warming is settled science", Jefg Bezos (Washington Post), Amazon (Jeff Bezos), Cory Booker (avowed Commie), Nanci Pelosi (Left Coast Wacko), and other ultra left liberals of their ilk.

Anything they say is absolutely required for my own good is bound to turn out to be bad for me. Obama saw the Internet thriving and doing quite well without government interference and he just couldn't stand it. Since he and his anti-American haters think government MUST control everything, they forced net neutrality down our throats.

Now, my provider might promote a half price Net Flix for a year or some other competitive offer; something they couldn't do under net neutrality.

this^^

if the Kenyan liked it, I don't

latch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Screenshot_2017-12-18-09-37-55-1.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-12-18-09-37-55-1.png
      Screenshot_2017-12-18-09-37-55-1.png
      339.8 KB · Views: 143

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Do You Still Have the Internet? by this time, major conglomerates were supposed to have taken over the internet and either charged you more than you could afford, and if you couldn’t pay it, your service would be canceled and you’d be frozen out. But you’re still able to go online, aren’t you? Chicken little is alive and well:peace:

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's been well over a week now and I'm completely shocked. My internet still works, it's as fast as ever, no sites blocked out, no price increase, the sky hasn't fallen and the same goes for everyone I know. Guess it's just one more thing the libs are wrong about. :clap2:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    It's been well over a week now and I'm completely shocked. My internet still works, it's as fast as ever, no sites blocked out, no price increase, the sky hasn't fallen and the same goes for everyone I know. Guess it's just one more thing the libs are wrong about. :clap2:

they are waiting to see how many the tax bill passing is going to kill...

15,000 per day I think is the projected death rate from lower taxes and no individual mandate on the insurance scam they rammed down our neck, they may not have to lower speeds.....

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As long as the 15,000 a day is just on their side all is good with the world.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Your right Joel.
    But thanks to the Republicans and overwhelmingly conservative groups like the NRA that is just one of many things he did not get accomplished. --- SAWMAN

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As long as the 15,000 a day is just on their side all is good with the world.

There is no "their side" or "our side" We are all Americans. Hoping that tens of thousands of American die simply because they don't share your beliefs is something that Al Queda or ISIS or the Taliban would want.

This tribal mentality is tearing us apart. It needs to stop.

latch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is no "their side" or "our side" We are all Americans. Hoping that tens of thousands of American die simply because they don't share your beliefs is something that Al Queda or ISIS or the Taliban would want.

This tribal mentality is tearing us apart. It needs to stop.

Or Madonna. Or Obamas deputy National Security Advisor. Or Rosie ODonnell. Or Johnny Depp or Bill Maher. Or most university professors. Or any number of twitter-windbags who celebrate natural disasters in Houston or Florida.
    The problem is that the mentality mentioned is present on both sides. This was correctly (while maybe uneloquently) expressed by President Trump after the events in Charlottesville. The problem is that the noise that is far more vocal and aggregious and detrimental to this country is coming from the left. Their rhetoric doesn't seem to believe your assertion that "we're all Americans." "All us Americans" have the same president in that case. So if we can we dispose with that foolish line of thinking, I think a lot of the volume would be ratcheted down.
    You (the universal you) don't like the president? Great. But you don't have the right to tear apart the country while you "resist". Think we're all Americans? start acting like one.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like a daily morning newspaper and Walter Cronkite on CBS in the evenings (by TV antenna). Shopped locally and by catalog. Had social events in person with real people. Wrote and recieved letters. Had a phone, party line and later a private line. I knew the people I did business with.

I'm a minimal user of the Net and could drop the whole thing without any regrets. It is the individual user who wraps themselves in it as if it were more important then their flesh and blood lives and it truely is the framework for their lives: sad but true. Some use the Net for business and I understand the advantages there. Every other use is convenience or addiction to the connection. The price isn't the cost of service, it the loss of your privacy, social skills, independant thought and dumbing down your individualism to join the lemmings that allow those with big Net footprints to tell you how to live, shop, think and vote. They say they speak for YOU, give you what you want but they actually give you what THEY want you to have. Each user agreement and App is swallowed without real consideration to the privacy you forfeit. Why would a flashlight App require access to your location, contacts, calender and web history?

Many use the Net as a babysitter. Look at all the very young children on cell phone/computer connections: future zobmies IMHO. I don't know what comes after Snowflakes but you can bet the bank it will be influenced soley by the Net: the greatest propaganda tool in the World and so eagerly consumed. When they Vote, what will have influenced those decisions the most? This will be upon us sooner then you think.

Net Neutrality: I don't care one damn bit either way. If I come to the decision to unplug: I won't loose any sleep over it.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Unfortunately, the net has become critical for most businesses. I do all of my legal research through an on line service. I am required to file and receive all pleadings on line. I receive almost as many emails from clients, adjusters, opposing counsel and potential new client's as I do phone calls. We have an office in another city. We communicate with them mostly by email. One email communication addressed to 20 employees is much more efficient than any alternatives.

I know that many other businesses are similarly dependent on email. Want to buy something with a credit or debit card, that business is using the net to process your card. Want to get cash at an atm, you are using the net. Many retail stores use the internet to help track inventory and sales more efficiently.

I am sure that we could go back to the pre-internet days but it would take a lot of adjustment and more than a few years to accomplish that goal.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Or Madonna. Or Obamas deputy National Security Advisor. Or Rosie ODonnell. Or Johnny Depp or Bill Maher. Or most university professors. Or any number of twitter-windbags who celebrate natural disasters in Houston or Florida.
    The problem is that the mentality mentioned is present on both sides. This was correctly (while maybe uneloquently) expressed by President Trump after the events in Charlottesville. The problem is that the noise that is far more vocal and aggregious and detrimental to this country is coming from the left.

I am unaware of Obama or any other celebrity being happy about the natural disasters in either Houston or Florid. In fact it appears that Hollywood and Obama were quite active in raising money for Houston.

https://patch.com/texas/houston/wat...ts-appear-texas-concert-raise-money-hurricane

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...rt-houston-harvey_us_59b44770e4b0dfaafcf8450e

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2017/08...money-for-harvey-relief-and-how-you-can-help/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...onations-for-harvey-relief-efforts/611426001/

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/29/entertainment/harvey-celebrity-donations/index.html

Also the noise from both the left and the right is too loud. Both sides need to calm down.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Also the noise from both the left and the right is too loud. Both sides need to calm down.

Too many people are too extreme these days. We once had a place for moderation where both sides could find common ground. Now days it seems you have to follow a strict set of beliefs or you suddenly belong to the "other side". I don't care for extremism on either side.

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    WHEN HAS ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT EVER REGULATED GONE DOWN IN PRICE????????????? OR BECOME MORE EFFICIENT.........? Look at Obamacare. ..Every single person I know with it HATES IT. Costs More ...Less coverage. More complicated to navigate.

Top Bottom