• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK, gun family...a little serious talk about to be thrown down: Hopefully it may wake someone up!!!

Recently I had a upper GI scope/enlarge my esophagus done. They did biopsies due to the erosion and rawness of the area. Biopsies came back as esophageal cancer. I'm not a tobacco user and not a drinker (maybe 6-8 beers a year). I don't eat "right" but have been getting better over the years and now that I have been diagnosed I have ceased drinking sweet tea/soda and QUIT taking Goody's powders. I have had GERD (acid reflux) for probably about 20+ years which is one of the causes for cancer. I should have been taking some sort of acid reflux medication but never stuck with them. I use to get my esophagus stretched every few years due to the erosion and trouble swallowing. This last time, I waited 5 years to have it done (stupid move). I probably should have been going every year!!! My symptoms that shot me to the DR was heartburn like I had never had before (actually felt like fire in my chest) that came and went. I also noticed my stool was black and tar like (upper GI bleed). I attributed it to probably a stomach ulcer. Both symptoms only lasted about a week or 2. Went to my primary care physician and got sent to my gastro DR.

Good news, all the DR's I have talked to are believing it's in the early stages but of course more testing to determine a course of treatment. Actually going today for a PET scan. More then likely, chemo/radiation followed by surgery is the course. I had cancer when I was 19 and then again when I was 20 and went through surgery/chemo and almost died so I know what I'm in store for.

My purpose for this post is to wake guys/gals up to health issues. Most guys hate going to the DR's office and by all means when you discuss scopes (upper/lower GI's) they avoid them like the plague!!! If me going through all I am/will be going through wakes just 1 person up to seek treatment to help save their life, I'D DO IT MULTIPLE TIMES OVER! Please people, listen to your inner self and body!!! GO TO THE DR!!! Be honest to your DR, and LISTEN to your DR. If you want a second opinion, go for it but do not play with your health! I am not a lover of medications but I GUARANTEE you I will now be on a strict use of relux medication!!!!!!!! So do it for yourself, most of all do it for your family!!!

I'm a firm believer that GOD is working in my life like he has since I was saved when I was 17. So any of ya'll that are believers can include me in their prayers or on their prayer lists with their churches. Anyone that is not a believer, that is your choice but if you are "on the fence" I pray that you seek GOD while he can still be found!

Thanks for all your support/prayers and PLEASE if you want to know more but don't want to throw it out here direct message me and I will talk to you more!!! It's my goal to save someone a longer/harder road!!!

THANKS, and GOD bless all!

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jason, thanks for sharing. I’m also concerned about the severity of acid reflux I’ve been experiencing lately. Currently, I’m taking over the counter medication and it seem to be helping but still plan on reviewing the symptom with my doctor. Hope and pray all turns out well for you.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'll definitely be praying with you Jason. God can take care of it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Prayers for you Jason. Thank God it sounds like your prognosis is good.
    I used to get acid reflux so bad that I was miserable. I've been on Omeprazole for probably 15 years but I've read that it's not good to take it long-term.
    My son-in-law is a PA so I asked him about it. He said that the possible repercussions of taking it long-term beats the alternative which is esophageal cancer.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jason, Praying for you and pending successful treatment.
    We serve a big God and with His help you will get through this.
    Keep your chin up and please keep us posted.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks fer all the prayers and support ya'll!!! We'll keep ya posted on progress!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jason, Praying for you and pending successful treatment.
    We serve a big God and with His help you will get through this.
    Keep your chin up and please keep us posted.

Amen Jerry. His creations are all around us, testifying to Him.

I will put Jason on the prayer list.

damnifino

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for sharing this. Jason you are definitely in our prayers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ***update***

OK, saw the DR's yesterday along with another PET scan. Same results that the cancer is small and doesn't go past the lining of the esophagus. There are a few lymph nodes near by they are worried are infected. I am going to my oncologist in Pcola on the 27th and along with the oncologists down here they will arrange my treatment. It will consist of about 6 weeks of chemo/radiation, another PET scan to see if it killed it/shrunk it then back down to Orlando fer surgery. Not out of the woods, but the "I don't know" stage is gone... Still appreciate the prayers ya'll are sending up to our savior!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Glory to the name above ALL others. He is the God that heals

Top Bottom