• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    This is a very dangerous scenario. I believe it is a violation of the 1st Amendment. How could anyone agree with this? When specific words are forbidden, it is only a matter of time before other freedoms are forbidden. Something has to be done about this.
    Joe

so the war against using the name of Jesus in public places, govt meetings, football games, Christmas, is ok? removing crosses from public property, 10 commandments from courthouses....

in case you have not noticed, the left has been doing that for years now

oldsaltnfla

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    so the war against using the name of Jesus in public places, govt meetings, football games, Christmas, is ok? removing crosses from public property, 10 commandments from courthouses....

in case you have not noticed, the left has been doing that for years now

You make a good point, but I think what you describe comes under the separation of church and state.
    Joe

oldsaltnfla

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    can you show me where that occurs in the constitution?

Another good point. I will look into that and get back to you. Please be patient as I have said, I don't get computer service where I live so I have to come into town to my favorite coffee shop to hook up to WiFi. I won't be back in town now for a few days.

But, I take it that you do not believe in a separation of church and state.
    Joe

oldsaltnfla

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    can you show me where that occurs in the constitution?

Another good point. I will look into that and get back to you. Please be patient as I have said, I don't get computer service where I live so I have to come into town to my favorite coffee shop to hook up to WiFi. I won't be back in town now for a few days.

Joe

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Joe

I believe what the constitution says, it is not there

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

which, btw, puts antifa in the wrong, as they do not peaceably assemble.
    and the cake maker in the right

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

means exactly what it says, in the context of the day, and today, a preexisting right

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let me get this straight, is anyone defending the decision to tell the CDC not to use term like Scientific or Evidence when writing our reports??? What are they supposed to say instead, magic or supernatural or miracle?

Finally, I am so tired of the alleged war on Christmas - you know the holiday that started two months ago - Manger scenes abound everywhere I turn. There is no war against Christmas although if one more radio station goes to an all Christmas carol play list then I might just go to war.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let me get this straight, is anyone defending the decision to tell the CDC not to use term like Scientific or Evidence when writing our reports??? What are they supposed to say instead, magic or supernatural or miracle?

Its not just the CDC, or even just HHS. Its actually spreading across several agencies. But none of the Trumpeteers are seriously going to defend it, because it's so wrong and dangerous, even they realize it. However, they cant admit what a colossal mistake they have made either, so you're gonna get the usual deflections: Uranium one, Fake News, but Clinton got a blowjob, her emails, cuck (their new favorite word, it makes them feel *edgy*), BSAB, MSM liberal bias, Obama started it..... You know the grind. Its so predictable at this point. Like a broken record.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm not gonna slug through 7 pages too see if anyone asked or answered, but FYI the recommendation for replacement of "evidence or science based" is "CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes,"

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Well, personally as a veteran (so I know this is a lot to ask of a draft dodger) I would really rather see him spending his free time explaining to the entirety of the American public (whether they voted for him or not) WTF exactly happened in Niger that caused those young men to come home in boxes, especially including the one young man that came home in at least two separate boxes, a month apart.

And since this most likely won’t result in a lot of cheering and sign waving, he should have plenty of time to also explain why TF we are running around in Somalia killing people again, since the last time we did that it ended so spectacularly bad that they ended up making a best-selling movie about it, and added a new catchphrase to American lexicology.

But we've all got different priorities I guess.

FYI we've Been assdeep in Somalia(again), for more than twice as long as Trump has been in office.
    Most probably Niger and Chad also. No one cares, unless an elected officials comments about such can be used to embarrass them.

Top Bottom