• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    10 days ago I ordered a pair of Rocky snake boots on clearance from Academy, like $40. Availability was showing "Hurry, ONLY 5 pairs In Stock". I ordered that and 2 cans of deer scents on sale. Got confirmation and said they'll bill me when they ship. Two days later I checked to see if they were mailed. I had an email saying the order was cancelled, with no reason given. So I called, and the girl checked and said she didn't know why either, maybe bc they were sold out? Even my 2 deer scents too I asked? She said No, that's available, do you want them?
    Then on Black Friday (actually thursday night), Optics Planet had Leupold BX1 binoculars on sale for like $40+. Availability showed 20+ In Stock. So I ordered them and a binocular chest strap. Got the instant confirmation, etc... Only to get an email the next day saying they'll bill me when they ship, but they have none in stock and pretty much unsure when they will have them.
    Is this the norm now with on-line retail stores? What is the purpose, just a way to keep you shopping with them while waiting on the original item to get back in stock? Selling your email and info?
    Just wondering? Anyone else order things in stock only to get a email later saying they're back ordered, order cancelled or hold your breath and wait?

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Way back Kmart used to be great at advertising killer deals in the local paper only to be told they were sold out the next day. People started showing up at opening and finding no items advertised at that price. Word spread quickly even long before the interweb so their scam was exposed.

RH

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Most of my purchases online are through Amazon and I can say 99% of the time they get the item to me when they say they will. I have canceled an order or two after I ordered it expecting it by a certain time they promised when I discovered it was indeed not going to make it to me in the time they promised it and I needed it by a certain time.

flipparker

Student of Life
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I had the same thing happen at Walmart. Emailed 3 days ago saying an order that was shown to be in stock was not in stock and they cancelled the order. It was a gift for my daughter and could have been bought for the same price other places the same day. I ordered through Amazon today at a big price increase due to not being on cyber Monday. I was pretty pissed off.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    WHAT ???, I can't believe it. Optics Planet pulled thru. I got the BX-1 Leupold binocs today. I'm still amazed about it. I'd already wrote them off as never honoring the original sale price order. But they have.
    Plus, they gave me like 4 separate coupons (10-15-25-30% off). :clap2:

Now only IF Rocky's Boots would do the same. Not holding my breath on them.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I was looking thru the Bargain Cave at Cabela's today and saw that they had Outdoor Research fishing hats for $9.99. I bought me an XL, then got a M and a L for my son-in-law. Not sure which he will wear.
    I added them to my cart and continued shopping. When I went to check out, the XL showed as out of stock. Once you add it to your cart, it should take it out of inventory but apparently that's not the case.
    I ordered a little shotgun from Kentucky Gun Co. a couple of weeks ago. The ad said nickel, the receipt said nickel, the box said nickel. Got the gun and it's blued.
    I wrote them and enclosed pictures. They replied "The box matches the receipt. What's the problem?"
    The problem is the gun is blue, you idiot. Apparently they didn't read my e-mail too well so I replied telling them that the GUN IS BLUE. No response so I am writing them off.
    I've bought quite a few guns from them too but there are too many others with good customer service to worry with idiots.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On a similar note there's a telescope manufacturer in the US whose second hand scopes sell for more than a new one. Why? Because they are such quality only a limited number can be produced in a year as the optics are all hand ground and fitted by one guy so demand is very high.

People are on waiting list for years to try and obtain a new one but he only makes a limited run so few get a chance to get a new one. Usually if your name doesn't make the list on day one you won't get one.

I know of no other business like this where a product is in such high demand that paying more for a used one is the most likely scenario if you're ever going to obtain one.

http://www.astro-physics.com/

Rick

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom