• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I shot my M&P 9c at the range today. When I went back to clean the gun the take down lever would not stay down. I had to manually hold it the lever down in order to disassemble. Now I have a full sized m&P 9 and a full sized M&P 45 and the take down levers on both stay down. The 9c works fine. Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Hmmm. Interesting. I would take the lever out and see if it looks any different from the ones that hold down on their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gas Port

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You need to stick with your revolvers. Those plastic guns are too fancy for you.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is definitely not defective, I must be doing something wrong. I will try it again this weekend and get back to y'all

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got rid of mine a while ago but I dont think I ever used the lever to take down. I would just take it down by pulling the trigger same as a Glock. I also saw it as a nuisance and I don't think it hurts the pistol anymore than a regular dry fire would. Saves you from having to dig into the mag well and moving that lever too. Cheers.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mine has done the same thing. I just assumed it was catching on the recoil spring when turned 90° down. Does it seem to have tension pulling it back to the lock position? If so it's probably hanging on the recoil spring. It has never caused any firing issues so I just worked around it. Hope this helps...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mine has done the same thing. I just assumed it was catching on the recoil spring when turned 90° down. Does it seem to have tension pulling it back to the lock position? If so it's probably hanging on the recoil spring. It has never caused any firing issues so I just worked around it. Hope this helps...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That is exactly what it seems to be doing. Also I notice the recoil spring guide rod moves when I move the lever. I will play with it some more on Sat. Thanks for your imput.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got rid of mine a while ago but I dont think I ever used the lever to take down. I would just take it down by pulling the trigger same as a Glock. I also saw it as a nuisance and I don't think it hurts the pistol anymore than a regular dry fire would. Saves you from having to dig into the mag well and moving that lever too. Cheers.

My bad Red for failing to better describe the part in question. I am having problems with the lever on the left side of the frame near the front of the pistol. You turn it down from the horizontal position to the vertical position as part of the field stripping process. You were describing the little part inside of the mag well that you have to flip from vertical to horizontal to take the tension of the striker spring.

Top Bottom