• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone have a Roomba or Neato? I would be interested in hearing your experiences with them. I am considering purchasing one but want to hear from an actual owner as opposed to the Amazon review trolls.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone have a Roomba or Neato? I would be interested in hearing your experiences with them. I am considering purchasing one but want to hear from an actual owner as opposed to the Amazon review trolls.
    My daughter has two roombas (upstairs and downstairs) and loves them. We're at her house for the weekend and they come on at 10 pm and hardly make any noise. They seem to work well. Her carpet always looks nice.

Sent from my CT1080 using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Got a buddy(with waaaaay too much money) that has a I Robot Roomba. There are several models. His is the $800. model.
    It is new but he sez he likes it. It is almost as loud as a regular vac. It does a good job of cleaning but the best part of owning one is watching it work. His wife starts theirs with her phone when she is at work. When batt gets low it will re-dock. When charged it will auto un-dock and go to where it last cleaned and start cleaning again.
    He states the technology is amazing. It will build it's own map of your room,placement of furniture,and where the dock is located.
    You can move anything including dock and it will remap it's environment. --- SAWMAN

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    my cats would ride it around the room within a very short time....bopping everyone they came near..

ted-hurst

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I was talking with someone who works internet security and he was telling me how crooks use items like a Roomba. The Roomba's that are WiFi capable can be hacked and criminals can download the layout of your house (because the Roomba records everywhere it vacuums) and when your most likely not home (most people program Roomba's to clean when no one is home).

Ted

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have two. Bought at yard sales for pennies on the dollar.

They are very good at maintaining a clean floor. It is not a heavy duty cleaner. Pet hair can collect around brushes and must be cleaned which requires taking the brushes out. I would never spend $200 dollars or more on one unless I could not physically vacuum and needed the help.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was talking with someone who works internet security and he was telling me how crooks use items like a Roomba. The Roomba's that are WiFi capable can be hacked and criminals can download the layout of your house (because the Roomba records everywhere it vacuums) and when your most likely not home (most people program Roomba's to clean when no one is home).

Ted
    I'll call BS. It's not like the vacuum labels rooms and what is in them. A roomba isn't going to give them any info they couldn't get within 30 seconds of breaking in.

ted-hurst

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Here's your B.S. Roomba's map your house (3rd link). Please tell me criminals don't hack things (credit cards, keyless car security systems and Roomba's). Now I'm sure it doesn't give you a value of your junk but if I'm a crook and see a nice house I now know where your rooms are and more then likely when your not home. He also doesn't have to take a chance on getting caught breaking in when he can hack the Roomba.

https://nypost.com/2017/07/25/roomba-maker-wants-to-sell-your-homes-floor-plan/

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/25/technology/roomba-irobot-data-privacy.html

https://homesupport.irobot.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9001/related/1

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Asked my wife if she wanted one. She said that she would most likely follow behind it cleaning because she would not be satisfied with the stuff it missed/left behind anyway.
    So no . . not for us. (WHEW . . . THANK GOODNESS FOR THAT !!) ---- SAWMAN

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here's your B.S. Roomba's map your house (3rd link). Please tell me criminals don't hack things (credit cards, keyless car security systems and Roomba's). Now I'm sure it doesn't give you a value of your junk but if I'm a crook and see a nice house I now know where your rooms are and more then likely when your not home. He also doesn't have to take a chance on getting caught breaking in when he can hack the Roomba.

https://nypost.com/2017/07/25/roomba-maker-wants-to-sell-your-homes-floor-plan/

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/25/technology/roomba-irobot-data-privacy.html

https://homesupport.irobot.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9001/related/1
    Not disputing they map the house, that is how they work. I am calling bs on the assumption that it's a credible threat for a break in for the average person in an average home.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Real Estate home sales pice are on line and show the interior and exterior quite well, some with total floor plan. Its not hard to put the puzzle layout together. No need to hack anything. Type real estate and address, watch what comes up.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Real Estate home sales pice are on line and show the interior and exterior quite well, some with total floor plan. Its not hard to put the puzzle layout together. No need to hack anything. Type real estate and address, watch what comes up.
    Exactly, along with the county tax assessor website as far as size, construction etc. Google Earth is another open source.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a roomba and it's great except for one thing, it keeps getting caught on my dining room chairs. They have 1" bars on the bottom that run from the back legs to the front legs and it gets high centered on those about 75% of the time. Every now and then it gets caught on a bathroom mat, shoes laces, or a power cord. I have a good sized 3/2 and it can do it all on one charge. It even pick ups well on tile and hardwood too. Glad I bought this thing and more importantly the girl is happy as well.

Joebob2

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My son gave us a EUFY model last Christmas. IT worked ok, but wasn't as smart as the Roombas. It didn't really map anything, just ran around seemingly randomly until the battery got low, then it would hunt down the charger. Sometimes it had problems finding it and the battery would completely die. Also, the TV remote would turn it on.

If you get one, make sure your pets don't poop in the house. They don't know how to maneuver around a pile of crap. Don't ask me how I know.

Top Bottom