• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hi guys. For those of you collectors or otherwise milsurps fans, classicfirearms is going to sell non import marked all matching k98 rifles starting at 12est 17Nov. I watched their video and it looks like the going rate is 1499,

Judge for yourselves whether they are authentic bring backs or are pre 68 imports. Supposedly all numbers match, receiver, bolt, barrel, even metal parts on stock so if genuine these would be very rare indeed.

Could be a Mitchell’s Mauser thing too though. If interested I would watch the video and jusde for yourself. Anyway just a heads up for milsurps fans

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Read on another forum that these were not a good buy and not represented correctly. For 1500 you are getting close to the price for an all original GI bring back. I guess from what I read these were claimed to have been "professionally" restored. Problem is that so were all the Russian capture rifles as well. These have more of a Mitchells Mausers smell to them. Gorgeous rifles non the less and I guess if you do not mind things not being correct on the rifle or the pedigree, they make gorgeous bolt action rifles and whether restored or not have some solid history behind them.

Misrepresenting the rifles is no bueno though. The rifle is what it is, whether a capture, or a pre 68 import without mark. But if forced matched then yeah there is no need for that. I would value a RC 98k with forced matched electro stencil more than a rifle that is mis represented in such a fashion.

On the off chance that the rifles were not force matched serials and all that was done was stock replacements and re blued then I would have no issue with the price. Sure its not a pristine piece picked up by pop pop at the battle of the bulge, but an all matching 98k is nothing to sneeze at even if re blued and stocked. IMO of course.

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    These things have certainly appreciated over the years. When I was a pawnbroker, 27 years back, these sold for around $100... buy or pawn for 40-60 bucks. The only war weapons we really had to pay good money for were P-38s or Browning's with nazi markings. Now, those go for up to $3000.00

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Red said:
    I would value a RC 98k with forced matched electro stencil more than a rifle that is mis represented in such a fashion.

Other than GI bringbacks, RCs are my favorite. If only they could talk.

Top Bottom