Artemus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Item 1941 Finn M39 rifle, VKT barrel

Location Pensacola

Contact Info By PM please

Price $450 SOLD

Item Description Very good condition. Complete and not altered. Excellent bore and crown. This 7.62x54r rifle represents what many collectors feel is the ultimate production Mosin Nagant design. Using existing receiver, magazine, and bolt parts with new barrels and improved stock ergonomics, the Finns evolved the Mosin Nagant into this apex design. The M39 is one of the most highly prized Finnish Mosin Nagants in collections. They are accurate, well made, and interesting historic WW2 rifles. SAKO produced rifles from 1940-1945. VKT barrel production was from 1940 to 1944. Less than half of the M39s built came from VKT (later VALMET), a little over 30,000, making them less common than SAKOs. This particular rifle is Finnish arsenal blued with about 98% remaining. "Finn matched" bolt and receiver. Receiver is 1898 Izhevsk. The stock is war-time with stock maker and Sako gear cartouches. Still has some dried cosmoline to wipe off. It is solid but has a few arsenal repairs that are common. Original finish. A lot of history. I have shot this rifle at ERGC using only non-corrosive rounds and it is accurate. Comes with correct sling. Ammo for it is still affordable. I include one box of Monarch Heavy Ball. You will be happy with this rifle.

lJCCknH.jpg

tLAWYVK.jpg

4xeCwZF.jpg

aazPdEc.jpg

LSNgaff.jpg

cMTm39z.jpg

0Kw48Xv.jpg

Last edited:

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Free bump, great description. Had the pleasure to shoot one and man they are truly the best performance you can squeeze out of a mosin in military trim.

Do you have the action spacers for it so that the dollar bill thing slides freely under the barrel?

Artemus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Free bump, great description. Had the pleasure to shoot one and man they are truly the best performance you can squeeze out of a mosin in military trim.

Do you have the action spacers for it so that the dollar bill thing slides freely under the barrel?

It has one armorer shim installed under the receiver on top of and forward of the magazine. None in the rear.

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cool old military rifle. Any good places to buy ammo for it?

Artemus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Cool old military rifle. Any good places to buy ammo for it?

I like the Monarch heavy ball from Academy. If you watch, it goes for 8 to 9 bucks a box on sale. This summer they had a sale on spam cans of it. The corrosive light ball 147 grain seems to be hard to find right now. I don't mind steel cased ammo. For me the Monarch doesn't stick if you know "sticky bolt".....

DieselT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll take it pending inspection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Artemus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Closing thread. Thank you for all the great communications stemming from this sale. Lots of us Mosin Nagant type collectors out there!

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom