• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I've personally seen a mounting plate attached sling move the plate and release the detent which went and got stuck in the trigger group, shutting down the gun. It happened to a forum member in Biloxi. So while convenient, I think it's an unnecessary risk when there are plenty of other places to put a sling mount.

I have to wonder if the castle nut was properly staked or the mount was just too thick....which then makes me wonder if the buffer tube was installed properly....the stock had to be canted pretty good right before that happened too.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Buffer detent and spring . . . ? . . . install a JP silent captured recoil spring and you can take that right out. ---- SAWMAN

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Or...
    Attach the sling to the stock and handguard, like normal people instead of that nut-cracking single point snowflake mall-ninja nonsense.

Last edited:

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Or...
    Attach the sling to the stock and handguard, like normal people instead of that nut-cracking single point nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See, I don't understand how people wind up doing that. I have several single points and I have never once whapped myself (now I've gone and jinxed it).

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Or...
    Attach the sling to the stock and handguard, like normal people instead of that nut-cracking single point snowflake mall-ninja nonsense.

Or make sure your rifle is assembled correctly... Proper torque? Staking? Loctite(red or blue, up to you)?

The buffer detent makes more sense than the takedown detent but that tube would have to have rotated at least an eighth of a turn (depending on the size of the lip on the tube that holds it in) before that pin will come out.

I'm going to climb around some AC ducts and use my QD single point sling on my endplate mount to support myself. I'll let you know how it works out.

Shaft.gif

Attachments

• Shaft.gif
      Shaft.gif
      6.5 MB · Views: 173

SSP92A1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You already have an SBR Lower so this might be a moot point, but I went with a Pistol set up as Sawman suggests. My thought is that it can travel in places where an SBR may not be able to, or having to get paperwork approvals etc. I keep two mags with MK262 on the gun with M855 mags loaded in reserve, as well as more MK262.

SIG M400 PSB. 5.56 1-7 twist 11.5. The only changes I've made is the Magpul K2 Grip, Aimpoint ACO, Streamlight Protac Railmount 2, and a Blueforce Gear Vickers Sling which can be used as a 2 point or single point.

Be Safe

Sig M400.jpg

Attachments

• Sig M400.jpg
      Sig M400.jpg
      885.5 KB · Views: 128
    Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Understood sir. Just wondering. I am always ready to learn something new. --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Funny you should mention MK262. I just came in from the reloading shed having loaded up some pulled MK262 bullets to see if I can work up an accurate MK262 type load.

Top Bottom