• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I see where Grabagun has them for $294 after a $75 rebate.
    That’s a great price isn’t it?
    I’ve never used a sight like this. Would this be a good one for a Colt 6920?
    Who uses one?

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have one on a 10.5" .223 AR and it works very well. Can hit 12" Steel at 200 yards with the EOTech Sight.

XU93RcJ.jpg

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I had one an AR for awhile and really liked it, a little heavier than similar RDS, but I liked the 64 moa circle and center dot.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Love the reticle, personally. It's a little big, but under normal circumstances people don't have issues with them, allegedly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah OP scoop it up. You wont be disappointed. I rather have that model than the XPS2 we tend to use. And I think those take just standard AA batteries. The circle with the dot is easy to use once you know what is supposed to do what and if it has the BDC dots even better, if not no biggie though as its a short range sight to begin with.

For LEOs I think it makes a outstanding optic to a patrol carbine. Don't know how your vision is, but if you have a cataract forming or something like that I believe, and not sure that the EOTECH does not illuminate the etched glass rather projects the image which means it will starburst if you have certain eye issues. If etched glass is illuminated it eliminates most of the starburst issue and remains clear. Just something to think about. \

But yeah the price sounds awesome.

BIG B

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I went from a micro red dot (Romeo 4 which was garbage) to an XPS. It is larger like states above but the field of view is so much better. The XPS uses a single CR123 battery rather than multiple double "A" batteries. I use an EOtech G33 magnifier also and find it gives me the best of everything. And the reticle is great once you understand it.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Looks like there are several XPS models on sale for around $60 - $100 more.
    What are the main differences?

BIG B

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    XPS is smaller and lighter, different retcles. 512 has better battery life but takes up more rail space. Granted if your not planning on a magnifier that won't matter. 512 isn't night vision compatible either. There are two versions of the XPS, one is night vision compatible and the other isn't. Then there are different models of each based on reticle. I saved a few bucks and got the non night version, don't ever plan on buying night vision gear so......

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Excuse my ignorance but I know nothing about these sights. So, the 512 has no magnification at all ? That would make it for close range only ? It's just for quick target acquisition ?

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Excuse my ignorance but I know nothing about these sights. So, the 512 has no magnification at all ? That would make it for close range only ? It's just for quick target acquisition ?
    You can run them out to about 300 fairly easy, but yes they do very well for close in work as well. Personally I would opt for an XPS solely based on the side mounted battery which doesn't beat the battery contacts the way the 512 does with them mounted in line with recoil. They have since updated the contacts to a heavier one, but a few years ago I never had a 512 in class make it an entire weekend class before it would go out do to the contacts getting broken under repeated recoil.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Top Bottom