APOD Firearms

Well....They Got Me !!! The POS !!! I hate Thieves !!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    by the time you buy the memory cards too, (get 8gb min) you will run about $80 per set up .. l leave one on video, the other on pictures, every 1 min if movement is detected(get rid of branches & bushes in front of them, sets them off too much...I have Moultrie brand

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My son has game cameras around his 80 acres plus a wired video system at his home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What is your budget for a system and how many cameras do you need?

A couple of Officers came out and dusted for finger prints.....super nice guys....they didn't find any prints ......The Senior officer said " If they are coming in there is really Nothing that will stop them....it has become more difficult to even deter these thieving crack heads....they will walk past cameras....security lights...and sirens...he said they are dealing with a totally different element of criminals...And what people don't realize is " The criminals simply Don't Care !!! ".....I learned a lot from them since they deal with this type thing every day.....

After researching this thing to death...I have discovered you can spend a ton on these type systems.....I have decided to hard wire one of my shops....it will cover the entire back yard as well as the back of the house....
    Due to budget ...I have been looking at or something like the:
    Samsung 8 CH 4MP 1TB capacity SDH-B84040BF and a couple of the trail type hunting cameras ...

Anybody got any other recommendations for systems in this category please chime in....

Thanks to all who have shared their experiences.......

rockb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    " If they are coming in there is really Nothing that will stop them....it has become more difficult to even deter these thieving crack heads....they will walk past cameras....security lights...and sirens...he said they are dealing with a totally different element of criminals...And what people don't realize is " The criminals simply Don't Care !!! "

That is because they know that there is no real consequences for their actions if they get caught.

barebones1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have the little motion sensor that turns the light on in my bedroom and goes beep beep BBB caught four of them trying to get in my trucks over about six year. Three heard me coming and bolted I managed to sneak one and put the laser on his chest. I yelled freeze he bolted funny thing was I didn't even have a gun it was a laser pointer. he tried to Hurtel fence . Caught his ankle on the top. cut the s*** out of it face-planted and knocked himself cold. A camera will only show you what they did after they're gone unless it alerts you somehow

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have the little motion sensor that turns the light on in my bedroom and goes beep beep BBB caught four of them trying to get in my trucks over about six year. Three heard me coming and bolted I managed to sneak one and put the laser on his chest. I yelled freeze he bolted funny thing was I didn't even have a gun it was a laser pointer. he tried to Hurtel fence . Caught his ankle on the top. cut the s*** out of it face-planted and knocked himself cold. A camera will only show you what they did after they're gone unless it alerts you somehow

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Barebones.....Where did you find the Sensor your talking about ? Brand ? Model ?
    I have been thinking....I go put out a lot of money....then just get some pics or video of some POS that no one can put a name to....Still thinking about best alternatives....
    Thanks

Last edited:

chibooey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    While I have Arlo Pro wireless system covering my exterior a wired system is usually better system. You do need internet with the Arlo system but it is very simple to set up and use. Free storage in the cloud works fine for my needs as I clear it out every couple of days. Battery life on the cameras is several months and they are rechargeable. Video quality is decent but the newest model (Arlo Pro 2) has 1080P quality cameras so video should be excellent. Two negatives, 1. costly. 2. Is the 1-3 second delay in the recording starting, think this is due to the time it takes to connect to the cloud. The cameras have motion detection, night vision and can be mounted most anywhere, they are weather tight and the system can be set up to record on multiple cameras if motion is detected on one camera (user adjustable).

Sandspur6

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As far as someone not stealing something to work with, I suspect your tiller has probably joined the woodland marijuana cultivation industry. Tillers are very popular with this crowd.
    I hope it turns up for you. Good Luck.

pavegunner1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We are considering the Arlo Pro 2 but they are pricey.

Arlo Pro 2 by NETGEAR 2 Camera Security System with Siren, Rechargeable, Wire-Free, 1080p HD, Audio, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision

chibooey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The alarm on the Arlo Pro system is located in the head end device, not in each camera. I didn't realize that until I bought the system. The phone alert works fast, gives you video on your phone and the ability to communicate through the camera itself. But all of this does come at a price.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For security I will be looking into the real time models that alert you on your phone and computer. I eventually want to get a drone outfitted with night vision. Too bad it is illegal to mount guns in them. You want your area fenced with locked gates also with large dogs loosed in it. I am also looking around for night vision. None of this is cheap, but what are your belongings and safety worth relative to risks, costs, and benefits. Beware thieves will steal security cameras also and you need to set up things to account for that.
    Sorry to hear about you loss. As long as there re addicts and people with low paying or no gainful employment running around there will stealing.

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm really cheap, I just put up a bunch of "video cameras in use" signs :). As far as your tiller, never underestimate the stupidity of criminals. I had a radar detector and radio stolen out of my car awhile back. The wife said lets look in the local pawn shops, I said nobody would be that stupid, but to humor her I said ok. The first pawn shop we walked in there was my radar detector and radio sitting right there on a shelf. Needless to say the pawn shop owner was not happy to see me. I would also suggest keeping an eye out on Craigslist for it.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    my neighbor has a sign that spells out his security system, complete with bullet holes...

"we don't call 911 out here.."

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's probably not so much the signs as the little pig trail disappearing into the woods that has kept the thieves out for the last twenty-five years. This is a photo of the end of my driveway:

Attachments

• SIGNS.jpg
      SIGNS.jpg
      426.1 KB · Views: 112
    Top Bottom