Patriot Mobile

Well....They Got Me !!! The POS !!! I hate Thieves !!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some time between early Thursday morning and this morning...some POS waltzed into my backyard past one of my shops and took a Huge Bright Yellow Garden Tiller out of the Big storage area and No One saw shit !!!

The Tiller was a Large Cub Cadet Model FT24-R still looking for serial number...Bright Yellow....it has Reverse and several other features....I am sure that are lots of them out there in the market....I am trying to locate the Serial Number and exact model for the Police record.

I have a good idea who probably took it....got to find out their names.....then...

Add me to the list of people looking for a good security camera system !!!

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Some time between early Thursday morning and this morning...some POS waltzed into my backyard past one of my shops and took a Huge Bright Yellow Garden Tiller out of the Big storage area and No One saw shit !!!

I have a good idea who probably took it....got to find out their names.....then...

Add me to the list of people looking for a good security camera system !!!

that sucks.. you on the edge of town, pure country, or middle of the city?

heard good things about simplisafe..

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am in the Tippin Post office area.....houses close together.....several older retired folks live in my area.....And nobody noticed anyone loading a Huge Bright Yellow Tiller !!!

Like I said....I think I know who made off with it.....Just can't prove it as yet .....

Oh Yea...This SUCKS !!!

Last edited:

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My Grandfather told me when I was a child if I had any valuables to just take them to the barn and tie them onto a Hoe Handle....shovel...etc....Because a " SOB " that is going to steal from you ain't gonna work.....they knew exactly what they were looking for....

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aw man sorry to hear that. Thieves are the lowest of the low, unless stealing food to feed your starving family then you can have some empathy. But whoever took that is prolly not going to use it and will likely just try selling it somewhere. I'll be on the look out for a tiller in my area

If you ever decide to do a home security setup and need some help running wires or hooking stuff up let me know man, I'll come help ya out if I can.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    You can pick up a descent camera system from Sams club or Costco. I recently bought and installed my lorex system from Costco. It's not monitored but I can view it from my phone, it's clear enough to identify someone, and easy enough to install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been looking at the Lorex one....and the Samsung 8CH 4MP Model: SDH-B84040BF at Sams.

I want one that will record....My neighbor across the street has the Sams Club Lorex.....so he could not provide me with any recording of daily events....And Budget is a big concern.....

It will/would be extremely difficult to hard wire a system within my house....the shops are different.

So if anyone knows of a recordable wireless system that works Please chime in ......

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe a description of the tiller in the remote case somebody here runs across it?

RH

I added info in the initial post....Large Cub Cadet ....Yellow...with reverse on it and several other features...I am trying to locate the serial number and exact model for the police record/report.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have been looking at the Lorex one....and the Samsung 8CH 4MP Model: SDH-B84040BF at Sams.

I want one that will record....My neighbor across the street has the Sams Club Lorex.....so he could not provide me with any recording of daily events....And Budget is a big concern.....

It will/would be extremely difficult to hard wire a system within my house....the shops are different.

So if anyone knows of a recordable wireless system that works Please chime in ......

I don't understand why your neighbor couldn't provide any recording, does his system not record? If not, I wouldn't even consider one similar. I bought my lorex from Costco, cost about $500, but my mom bought the one at her office from Sams and I believe it's also a lorex and probably the same price. They are wired, I don't know about the wireless except that the ones I've seen each camera had to be plugged into a wall outlet for power with a phone type cord running from the transmitter to the camera, so still some wiring, maybe some use batteries. As to running wires I just stapled them under the eve along the outside of my house. My dad's first system we ran it through the attic and that was a pain, especially after you mount them only to realize theirs a blind spot and one needs moving. Mine records for I think a week and then overlaps itself. I get a cup of coffee and sit and watch what transpires overnight while I was sleeping. It's good entertainment.

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't understand why your neighbor couldn't provide any recording, does his system not record? If not, I wouldn't even consider one similar. I bought my lorex from Costco, cost about $500, but my mom bought the one at her office from Sams and I believe it's also a lorex and probably the same price. They are wired, I don't know about the wireless except that the ones I've seen each camera had to be plugged into a wall outlet for power with a phone type cord running from the transmitter to the camera, so still some wiring, maybe some use batteries. As to running wires I just stapled them under the eve along the outside of my house. My dad's first system we ran it through the attic and that was a pain, especially after you mount them only to realize theirs a blind spot and one needs moving. Mine records for I think a week and then overlaps itself. I get a cup of coffee and sit and watch what transpires overnight while I was sleeping. It's good entertainment.

I talked to him about "Why" he had or would even have a system with no recording ??? He said it just sent an alert to his phone if someone walked up outside ???...but he didn't want to pay the fee for uploading to the cloud...I also thought "WHY" would you even have a system if it doesn't give you data...at least for a couple of days ....I don't know enough about them to even understand what he was trying to say.....Of course....he is goofier than I am !!!
    I just need to talk with someone who knows exactly how these systems work....It is virtually impossible to hard wire a system into this house....tiny attic....No access....just re-blown with insulation......etc.....
    I am looking to set up a system in one of my shops out back....it woud cover the entire backyard and would be a much easier install....

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I think Kendive is up on all this stuff... Seanpcola too, although he has been dormant for a while

Whisky

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It has been my experience that wired cameras are a lot more reliable than wireless. Flir/Lorex has some really nice 4K HD camera systems available. Power over Ethernet(POE) cameras are the trend now with home automation and security. Prices for these systems are dropping with more coming out every day.

Last edited:

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think Kendive is up on all this stuff... Seanpcola too, although he has been dormant for a while

Thanks....
    I know Seanpcola....tried to contact him....he seems to have gone MIA.....I hope that all of us on our forum can help each other with a system....I think just a few members have a lot of experience with this kind of thing and hopefully will pass on that knowledge.....

Sean....if your out there....PM me.....I owe you lunch !!!

J. Michael

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The only problem I have with viewing it over my phone is probably more to do with my phone. If I'm not on wifi, it doesn't always load. I didn't research much, but instead just went to the store and looked at what they had. I knew I wanted it to continuously record and not motion detection like some units, I also knew I wanted the option to add cameras if I so desired so I bought a 16 channel, it only came with 8 or so cameras but I can buy extras or like my dad did and just buy a second set for the cameras. I don't currently upload to the cloud although it's possible and that would be a good idea, I just don't. Remember you will also need a tv for viewing and also look at the clarity of the systems in store, some are better than others. Also if your patient the club stores run them on sale and you could possibly save $100.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    You know guys,another alternative to all these fancy cameras mentioed above is a game camera.
    You can get them that take video clips,or a burst of still shots. Of course they work at night with IR. The newer ones have better technology that makes the batts last a really long time. Get the ones that DO NOT take the "C" sized batts.
    I have had one watching my driveway for some time now. The pics can be viewed on my cell phone with the little plug in box. I can also delete pics as needed. ---- SAWMAN

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You know guys,another alternative to all these fancy cameras mentioed above is a game camera.
    You can get them that take video clips,or a burst of still shots. Of course they work at night with IR. The newer ones have better technology that makes the batts last a really long time. Get the ones that DO NOT take the "C" sized batts.
    I have had one watching my driveway for some time now. The pics can be viewed on my cell phone with the little plug in box. I can also delete pics as needed. ---- SAWMAN

I thought about those....like for out behind the shops in small out of the way spaces facing the wooded areas....wondered how much they cost ....for the good ones ?

Sawman....can you give brands and models of the ones that work well for you ?
    Thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom