• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I have a CCW permit as a Florida resident but will be traveling to Texas for Thanksgiving and they have open carry, not that I want to but I was just curious if I could, so I made a call to the police department there who said I could, then I made a call to my stepson who is a Constable there and he said since Florida law has no open carry I can't open carry in Texas as a visitor, I would have to conceal, does anyone know which is right ??????

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    From the web: Do I need a license to open carry in Texas?

In Texas, you can now openly carry a handgun – in a hip or shoulder holster. You don't need to conceal a gun like you did in the past. Gov. Greg Abbott signed the open carry bill into law in June. In Texas, in order to openly carry a gun, you have to have a concealed-handgun license.Jan 5, 2016

Effective January 1, 2016, individuals with a handgun carry license will be permitted to carry openly, per House Bill 910 of the 2015 legislative session. Non-residents from states whose permits are recognized by Texas will also be allowed to open carry under the new law.

Latest posts

Top Bottom