• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like this forum, but admit I am part of ALOT of forums. Some specific to certain guns, some just to prepping, over landing etc. I like to read and learn what I can from all angle. There are some real genius ideas out there.

I will miss this forum though. I will likely move before too long. Hoping where I go next has something similar to talk guns and buy/sell/trade local with.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I guess I'm a cheater lol. I like Glock Talk and Rimfire Central too. But, GCGF is my main squeeze. :) Good people on here.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    ^ It's a Glock. It's not that complicated...
    How much could they possibly have to talk about?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    There is a lot of general knowledge on this forum but the specific knowledge on the Colt and S&W forums is amazing. Lots of collectors out there. It's their life.
    I really like Rimfire Central too. I've always had a thing for .22s.
    I bought another Marlin 39 a few weeks ago. There was a hole in the stock just in front of the rear swivel. No big deal. I just figured they had moved the swivel at some point.
    I was reading Rimfire Central one night and that very subject came up. Turns out that's where the bullseye was. It never occurred to me. I mentioned my rifle and a guy PM'd me and said "Hey, I've got several still in the package laying around. I'll send you one." And he did.
    Some great people out there.............and here.

captmoa

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Like a lot of you, I look at a few different forums and they all seem to have their own personalities.
    But, I've noticed this happens on almost all of them :
    Some guy will post a WTB ad and invariably several people will reply that they have that gun (and will post a picture) but it's not for sale. Soooo, why post ?
    Or somebody will make a post about a gun they are thinking of buying and people will start posting pictures of their guns that have nothing to do with the gun the guy is asking about.
    It's like 2nd graders at show and tell.
    Or somebody will post about some atrocity (such as the Texas shooting) and people will start posting pictures of their arsenal and saying things like "Yeh, wish he would come my way."
    And no offense to you old guys (I'm only 62) but it seems to be mostly the older guys doing it.
    And if you are wondering, there's no real point to this post. Just my observations.

How about, when you get calls for lowest price, you agree on a price and then he/she has to get permission from their husband/wife. Or, I get paid next week and I'll get it then. Aggravating.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think it is the nature of the beast (allowing pretty wide latitude of content) that thread derailment persists. As far as Posting "your same type gun pic" on someones WTS/WTT Post:
    a. I see no purpose if its factory stock configuration but alterations may appeal to the OP or Buyer.
    b. This also falls into the Buy/Sell/Trade Rules that state you can Post positive comments but not negative ones. A, I have/had one, ran flawless, can be stated without the Pic and the point is still clear.
    c. If its a WTB XXXX, I see no issues with commenting with a recommendation/pic of something similar for the OP to consider.
    d. Posting you guns pic (Show & Tell), should be done in the appropriate Section already provided. I don't think it is a "age" issue, just a little bragging issue. An OP that only wants sales interest replies may only see it a a waste of his/her time and a distraction from the Ad.

OPs can Close (and reopen) their Topic without a Mod. So if a ad is Posted they can Close it to stop Comments but "Closed" means it a done, dead topic inferring no longer available. In turn it will be bypassed, in my case never looked at. I also don't want PMs asking if the Closed ad item is still available after that ship has sailed.

I only participate on GCGF. I like the firearm and topic diversity. I use others for research when needed. I find single firearm type forums a bit in bred but they do provide outstanding platform specific information.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    How about, when you get calls for lowest price, you agree on a price and then he/she has to get permission from their husband/wife. Or, I get paid next week and I'll get it then. Aggravating.

Ha, yeh I think a lot of that is wishful thinking. They just don't have the money. Heck, I understand that.
    I got a message just last week about the snake boots I've got for sale. Not from this forum. The guy said if I still had them on Friday when he gets paid, he wants them.
    I said "Sure, that will be great", knowing that I would never hear from him again.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I used to be pretty prolific on many forums, but now GCGF and Paragon Pride(part owner) are the only ones I view daily. I also go.to M4C once or.twice.a week. The only reason I have an Arfcom account is the equipment exchange section.

Yep, there are those guys. Every.forum has one.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I find single firearm type forums a bit in bred but they do provide outstanding platform specific information.
    I agree. I sometimes visit the CZ, Bersa and one of the Ruger forums and that's been my experience as well on both counts.

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, heck, while we are complaining, I like when someone puts a firearm for sale or trade and says, I'll only trade if it's in my favor. Could just put a mailing address, and ask to send money!-:) I could go on for hours. Can't comment on prices, which I understand, but why would I pay more for a used firearm that I can buy new? I know a sucker is born every minute, or at least I'm told.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I really hate it when a seller sets a number of posts that a prospective buyer must have in order to buy his for sale item.
    I just can't understand why one of our members could be so mean spirited. --- SAWMAN

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I get over it, by using bing, which learns me stuff, but a minor peeve of mine is for sale'

R8FN1

now how the heck would I know what caliber it is? without googling it...

I have a general idea of most posts, maybe 2/3 of them, what the type gun and caliber is, but really, is it that much a problem to put the caliber instead of the model?

I mean, if it shoots 9.3x63, hell no, I don't want it, takes a month to find 2 rnds for it...

Bamajoey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess I'm a cheater lol. I like Glock Talk and Rimfire Central too. But, GCGF is my main squeeze. :) Good people on here.

Rimfire Central is an excellent place for information on anything CZ or Brno.

Top Bottom