• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Like a lot of you, I look at a few different forums and they all seem to have their own personalities.
    But, I've noticed this happens on almost all of them :
    Some guy will post a WTB ad and invariably several people will reply that they have that gun (and will post a picture) but it's not for sale. Soooo, why post ?
    Or somebody will make a post about a gun they are thinking of buying and people will start posting pictures of their guns that have nothing to do with the gun the guy is asking about.
    It's like 2nd graders at show and tell.
    Or somebody will post about some atrocity (such as the Texas shooting) and people will start posting pictures of their arsenal and saying things like "Yeh, wish he would come my way."
    And no offense to you old guys (I'm only 62) but it seems to be mostly the older guys doing it.
    And if you are wondering, there's no real point to this post. Just my observations.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    62 huh, you my friend are officially an old fart. :fear:

Ha, yeh you are probably right BUT...........the kids are out of the house , the house is paid for, two new vehicles are paid for AND I am looking at (very few) months instead of years till retirement.
    Things could be worse.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    IMG_5260.jpg

Just waiting for a Russian spy to hack my mail, sorry gents they aren't for sale.

ETA:oops

Attachments

• IMG_5260.jpg
      IMG_5260.jpg
      803.7 KB · Views: 626
    Last edited:

Gas Port

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Like a lot of you, I look at a few different forums and they all seem to have their own personalities.
    But, I've noticed this happens on almost all of them :
    Some guy will post a WTB ad and invariably several people will reply that they have that gun (and will post a picture) but it's not for sale. Soooo, why post ?
    Or somebody will make a post about a gun they are thinking of buying and people will start posting pictures of their guns that have nothing to do with the gun the guy is asking about.
    It's like 2nd graders at show and tell.
    Or somebody will post about some atrocity (such as the Texas shooting) and people will start posting pictures of their arsenal and saying things like "Yeh, wish he would come my way."
    And no offense to you old guys (I'm only 62) but it seems to be mostly the older guys doing it.
    And if you are wondering, there's no real point to this post. Just my observations.

Did you have sex with Judge Roy too?

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I don't cheat on GCGF. it's my one and only.

Well, aside from the fling on 1911 addicts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I don't cheat on GCGF. it's my one and only.

Well, aside from the fling on 1911 addicts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. I got on the Keltec (KTOG) one and did not like it over there... They are too ate up on them things. So I don't even sign in anymore.

I was also on silencertalk a long long... long time ago but they are too ate up on AAC cans so I left there also.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dan you need some therapy, get out, spread your wings some!
    Nah. I'm good, it's way too easy for keyboard commandos to be jerks or just plain obnoxious when they're on opposite sides of the country from each other. I think the fact that there's a good chance we'll meet each other (if we haven't already) at one point or another keeps us local guys on here real and honest.

Having said that, 1911Addicts were nice enough, and so was WC club on FB, but that was really one big circle jerk more than anything. 1911forum was terrible, and really so is ARF and M4C but the latter two are good sources of information, I'll give them that, but I have absolutely no desire to participate.
    I love our little forum, even though y'all have been slacking in the classifieds, as there's been nothing lately that even remotely interests me, but then it's probably just the market. For the most part, it's a good, honest, mostly like minded group of guys usually discussing things that matter to us. I've made some great friends on here.
    :grouphug: lol

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Good thread. I visit the Colt forum, Gunboards forum, Marlin, S&W, 24 Hr. Campfire, and a couple CASS sites. Some sites are only good for the classifieds, as the moderators have allowed the "non-gun" topics to rule. The Colt forum is my favorite.

The best rules for classifieds - S&W Forum - the only comment allowed in a for sale ad, is "I'll take it".

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    the moderators have allowed the "non-gun" topics to rule. The Colt forum is my favorite.

The best rules for classifieds - S&W Forum - the only comment allowed in a for sale ad, is "I'll take it".

I guess here you could post an for sale ad put your contact info or use PM only and then close/lock the thread and then there your ad and no one could post on it.

But some have good info to add for the sale and if you wanted to add pics you can't unless they change where just the OP can add to it only.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Funny you should say that , I thought of doing just that . List and lock.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    But that would mean that the poster could not make changes to his OP.
    Give the mods a break . . . leave it like it is.
    But I would respectfully ask . . . if you list something for sale,especially a firearm . . . list everything about it that a prospective buyer will need to know to make an informed decission.
    I have passed on quite a few sale items simply because I did not want to ask the seller a dozen or so questions. ---- SAWMAN

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    But that would mean that the poster could not make changes to his OP.
    Give the mods a break . . . leave it like it is.
    But I would respectfully ask . . . if you list something for sale,especially a firearm . . . list everything about it that a prospective buyer will need to know to make an informed decission.
    I have passed on quite a few sale items simply because I did not want to ask the seller a dozen or so questions. ---- SAWMAN

Yea and post pics... With all the free picture hosting sites there is no excuse.

If there is not a pic I'm out as a buyer.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah Ken . . me to. No such thing as too many pics from different angles and fer God's sake . . . take a look at your pics BEFORE you post them. If you can't see them,chances are,we can't either. ---- SAWMAN

Top Bottom