• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I’m picking up my first M1 carbine on Wednesday. I’ve worked on several and shot plenty of them but this will be the first one I’ve actually owned so I’m looking for cheap .30 Carbine ammo and good M1 carbine parts, good mags, type III barrel band, a bayonet, sling, drop case, type II rear sight anything really as long as it’s a good price. Any leads on good reliable parts sources or sites to stay away from would also be appreciated but I’m starting to sort through them on my own. Thanks for any help or points in the right direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If you find some good cheap 30 carb. ammo let me know. And if you want some small parts I have a good many for the carb. just get up with me and come see if you want any. I'm not a bunch of PM type of person. If interested I will sent my #. Just my 5 cents jj

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    If you find some good cheap 30 carb. ammo let me know. And if you want some small parts I have a good many for the carb. just get up with me and come see if you want any. I'm not a bunch of PM type of person. If interested I will sent my #. Just my 5 cents jj

I can find good, but not cheap..

you would think lake cy has warehouses full of it, but if they do, they are proud of it..aguila makes it too, and PPU

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What make are you getting?

If you're going to shoot much .30 Carbine I'd suggest reloading it. That ammo is off the charts expensive nowadays.

RH

DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I greatly appreciate that and I will give you a shout once I get it, break it down and go through everything to see what exactly I’m working with and what she needs. Thanks

DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What make are you getting?

If you're going to shoot much .30 Carbine I'd suggest reloading it. That ammo is off the charts expensive nowadays.

RH

I’m picking up an early gen 2 Universal and I’ve been wanting to get into reloading but I haven’t pulled the trigger on a setup yet due to my work schedule taking up all of my time.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I think the G2 Universal has the 2 springs and the op rod is stamped will not use GI parts. may read up on this be fore you spend money . Just my 5 cents jj

DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I think the G2 Universal has the 2 springs and the op rod is stamped will not use GI parts. may read up on this be fore you spend money . Just my 5 cents jj

With the research I’ve done the early Gen 2s use GI Rear sight assemblies, Bolt assemblies, Buttplates, many trigger group parts, magazine catches, and magazines. And I’m getting it on trade with a only a small amount of cash on top. I know it’s a commercial shooter and not a war production model. I would prefer a gen 1 but they seem to start around $650 and those are fairly beat up and for $500 I can get a good condition Gen 2 that hasn’t been beat or abused with two 15rd GI mags. The main draw back is the rear sight has been replaced with an optic mount which I don’t like so I will end up having to replace it. I am still reading through piles of info but it seems like a fair current market price from what I’ve been able to find. If you disagree or can point me in a better direction to a better pricing source than GB and the blue book please let me know. Thanks

DFSgunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Well the guy I had a deal with to pick up the M1 tomorrow just backed out so I reckon I’m not in need of anything M1 carbine as of now but I do greatly appreciate the info and insights y’all shared with me. Thanks

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gen 2s have a lot of negative Internet opinions , but I've had one for 25 years or so . It's been shot at least a couple of thousand rounds and still runs just fine. Maybe I got the only good one they made.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom